Vote/comments

• Christopher Wry
    15 years ago

I am back with another dumb question.
    I am at that age where I am foregetting if I posted a vote or comment on one I just read (for the 3rd or 4th time). Is there away to show if I have already posted rather than having the site say hey dummy you post on this already when I try to post. It can be done one of the other sites I am in dose it but it takes up alot of room.

• Moose
    15 years ago

I believe that if you have already voted on a poem once, then the next time you attempt to vote on said poem, it will take you directly to a ERROR page, saying "You have already voted once on this poem you can not vote again." Or something along those lines.

The commenting situation is a bit less conveinent. I always copy my long posts/poems/comments (Ctrl+A in text box, then Ctrl+c) in case I am logged out due to time restraints xD, but after doing that, there should be a link above the box and voting scale that reads.

"Read/Write Comments" (23)

the 23 is a variable number. It is the number of comments left on that poem. If you click that link you will see a list of comments, if there are any on it at all. Go to the last page I believe the first page are the most recent comments, so there you go. If you do not see your name, nor a comment like yours, you're in the clear =)

Hope this helps.

• Christopher Wry
    15 years ago

Yes I know about them. What I was think about is like on another site I am on when you pull up an item to read it shows everbody that has voted for it and what their vote was and all comments made on it. I was hoping the staff could come up something like that in a shorter form. Like may be listing the names with a say red dot for you have voted and blue for commented.

• Moose
    15 years ago

Eh I think that'd probably hurt the voting system. I've seen comments where people have actually admitted voting a 2/5 because the other user voted theirs a 2/5.

I think that if we made all the votes viewable by who gave them, it would just create a bit of animosity amongts the poets/readers.

• Christopher Wry
    15 years ago

This is what I think of.

Published Title / Details Action
    08/3/08 Saying # 49
    22 views | 0 Comments | Average Rating: 0.00 (of 0)

• Moose
    15 years ago

Is this not what we have?

All poems have a title, and there is no rule stating you cannot include a footnote for details.

They include a published date, im not quite sure what the #49 is for though.

and everyone poem HAS a view counter, the link that reads "Read/Write Comment (0)" with the comments in the parenthesis, and it also has the average rating out of votes.

Im not sure what you're trying to alter...