Can u see who's added u as 1 of thier fave poets?

• SHYSTY23KO
    15 years ago

I still have a lot of figuring out to do on this site....

but if you can't... u should be able to!

• Beautiful Chaos
    15 years ago

You kind of can if you feel like sifting through everyone's profile because everyone's favorite authors is at the bottom of their profile.

• SHYSTY23KO
    15 years ago

Lol i didnt kno that!
    thanks! imma start paying attention to that when i go to peoples pages!

• SHYSTY23KO
    15 years ago

'No you can't and no you shouldn't be able too. At least not right now. I understand your new so I'll let you know that we have far more pressing issues regarding this site and upgrades that need to be done first before the tiny stuff is taken care of'

i was thinkin, and now i think i shouldn't be silent, it felt like u just bashed my idea!

'no you shouldn't be able to' your opinion but basically saying mine wasn't good...

'I understand your new' umm no im not....

'we have far more pressing issues' i didn't mean its an issue, just an idea

• Milton
    15 years ago

"What would being able to see people who fav you do for the site? How would this be improving the site?"

It's good because:

A: Everyone is always asking for it anyway.
    B: It just would be nice to know who did add you. The award is there, that's neat. But I've always wanted to know who added me just to make it a little bit more exciting.
    And C: Since your award isn't updated until the Admin updates the site, and since he's almost never here in the first place. It would be nice to have a system that showed the names that added you to their favorites.Without the Admin having to update. Of course he would have to be here to create this.

And I know this idea isn't needed, I don't see why some people have such a big problem with having it.

• Milton
    15 years ago

I know it's not a thing that's supposed to be there, or that it's really needed. and having a set up that tells you who added you would make it a little more "my space" or whatever kind of type into the site. I can't stand myspace so I don't agree with some of the other things that people would like to be on here.

It's just a nice feature some people wish there was. It doesn't have to be a big deal who added you or not, or to improve your writing. it's just something that could be fun to know. And when people notice that they have that award, it just makes them wonder.

It's not needed but it doesn't make it a bad idea either. I know the site will never have it.

• SHYSTY23KO
    15 years ago

Ok well that answer did more for me...
    i agree with the whole 'fave me and i'll fave you' thing..

But i just thought at that time itd be cool because i was curious who faved me and would want to know why they faved me and so i could possibly get thier opinion on my writing in general other than just comment on a poem like most people do.

but i don't feel the need to talk about it anymore, not feelin the same about the idea, i really dont care anymore!

oh but no, not new, just now started looking into the site more... used to just post my poems and read other poem, never really looked around..

• Blissful
    15 years ago

I like the mystery behind not knowing.

• Lauren Waszkiewicz
    15 years ago

I think it'd simply add to the stupidity of the myspace-yness this site has seemed to been getting as a rash.

:(

It's becoming rediculous..

If you're really that interested just look at who comments your poems the most..

-:lauren

• Nicko
    15 years ago

It's the quality of the work not the colour of the awards system that's important we all know that! But what does it matter really to some its important to others not!

One question and please don't take offence, you've said that you'll allow this thread to stay open. Other than this tread getting 100 posts why would lock it in the first place.

Surely the more threads that are open the more chance of comments no matter your personal opinion. Locking should be a last resort shouldn't it?

• Clown
    15 years ago

More or less, it dose come has an after thought, "Wow, 15 ppl faved me, thats cool, wish i could tell them thank you," For me, telling ppl thank you is a big deal, i dont see it has a big all incompassing issue, becouse well it isnt, but its a good idea, becouse you guys do need to relieze that not everyone who wants to know who faved them has the time to go looking. Im in the army for instense, have been for the last two yrs. and im a father (soon to have my second) and a husband, so the time it would take to actually look for these ppl is out of my reach, becouse i am in fact an extremly bussie individual, keeping up with my prego wife, my daughter and 3 soldiers that are below me leaves me barly enoph time to even write poems before i go to bed. so it would be a great idea, i can hop on, click the PPL WHO LOVE MY WORK or wut ever u would call and just give a simple thank you for enjoying my writting. again, i dont see it has a big issue, it is a small one, but alot of ppl would like to see it, and from wut ive seen this site is about the members, isnt it?

• forevertobeart
    15 years ago

If someone tells me they like my work, I thank them for taking the time to actually read and critique it. What is so odd about that, Tasteless? When you go to a concert, doesn't the artist thank you for coming and listening to their music and being their fan?

However, I think it would be a waste. As it has already been stated, there are far more important things we could do to fix this site up. I really don't see the site or the poet benefiting from it at all.

• Boy
    15 years ago

CHINADOLL!!

Ist of all tell me.. do u want people like your poetry? or do u write just because people tell you that they like you poetry?

if u r good in it. and if people like your poetry they will comments you. and to thanks them you can comment back to their poems.. so its understood that in both ends.. they like each other poetry.

i know sometimes it happend in offer thay people do a deal. and they comments on each other but in that case you would be known cuz u urself post a request to comments ur poem.. so just remember. there is no need to thank people...
    expect little and give more.. its a famous rule.. so just write poetry. andenjoy your writing and be proud that u can write.. . . anyhow.. u r right there are so many important things yet to fix the site up..

hope you will enjoy writing..

• forevertobeart
    15 years ago

Well, I certainly wouldn't like it if everyone thought my poetry was absolutely horrid. But I don't write just because I want people to tell me they like my writing. I write because it's my passion. I post my poetry because I want people to enjoy.

• Boy
    15 years ago

Goood.. you can be a good poetess

• forevertobeart
    15 years ago

Maybe someday, if my writing ever improves. ;p

• Boy
    15 years ago

It will. Offcourse.