Anonymous Posting?

• Cyber Saiyan
    15 years ago

Ok, this is really going to sound crappy, but I'm going to say it anyway. Has anyone ever considered allowing anonymous posting when leaving feedback?

I just came across an older poem; it doesn't matter which one, and it needed a LOT of work. There were typos, grammatical errors, missing words, shortened words (like sk8 and UR) and the flow was REALLY off. I was not completely able to decipher the meaning of the poem either. Despite all of this, there was about 5 postings from others that absolutely glorified the poem; making no mention of the obvious mistakes.

Now I WANTED to leave some feedback to help the author understand a few things, buy I worry about them retaliating against my poems; so I didn't.

If there was a way to leave feedback anonymously; even if a Moderator could still see who posted in case it is offensive, I would have.

What are everyone else thoughts on this?

• Italian Stallion
    15 years ago

It's a nice idea, and something that can be done in a short amount of time, however; like most updates it has to be done through Janis/Dainz.

Anyways, I like the idea...and if more people are interested in this Idea, I might take a further look into it and see if I can put something together that will work.

Peace, Joe

• Blissful
    15 years ago

I agree, great idea.

• Sherry Lynn
    15 years ago

I believe that was tried once and did not work out very well.

We ran into problems of very rude and offensive comments if I remember correctly.

• Italian Stallion
    15 years ago

As far as I can remmember back that never happened, however; you've been on the site longer than I have Sherry, so perhaps in the past it did happen. And yes I can see it being somewhat of a problem...

• Sherry Lynn
    15 years ago

I might be getting it confused with another site...

Not sure, but which ever one it was it was several several years ago... It was about 5 or six years ago LOL.

• Italian Stallion
    15 years ago

It wasn't this site then...lol this site has only been active since early 2003 and has been in the making since 2001 I believe...and seeing as you joined in 2004 that only makes it 4 years ago on the edge of 5 years. So unless it was right when you joined, I highly doubt it was on this site.

However, you said the other site had problems with it so they got rid of it? That is a big help because it was put into effect and the outcome wasn't good, so now we know what would most likely come of it via that other site...

So overall, it was good to know that it didn't work, because now we know it most likely won't work here either. And not just that if you have more insight on it (if you remmember) then we can see and anaylis what went wrong with the other system on the other site and try and correct it if this idea was ever to be done on here.

• Sherry Lynn
    15 years ago

I think if we done it then there would have to be a way where it would show the mods who left the comment but anonymous to everyone else.

Can you code something like that?

• Italian Stallion
    15 years ago

Yes I can, I don't know how long it would take to code something like that, I have to look into and see what can be done...

• Cyber Saiyan
    15 years ago

I agree with everything. It is important for the Moderators to see who posted a comment, or at least BE ABLE TO FIND OUT who posted a comment. I do not think that people would abuse this either, KNOWING that it is still tracked.

I am glad to see everyone looking in to this so quickly.

Thanks to all.

• PnQ Mod Account
    15 years ago

It used to be that comments could be left by anyone, but (like Sherry said) we had problems with very rude comments being left. That is why you now have to be a member to comment.

• Sherry Lynn
    15 years ago

I thought so.. thank you Ann

• ether
    15 years ago

I like this idea too, however it does have both its positives and negatives.

I really don't like when you give someone an honest comment on a poem that you don't think is that great and they comment back a one liner and 3/5 or something. However I don't think it has happened to me in a year or so, thank goodness.

If you get offencive comments, you can always just delete them? That is unless something terrible was said, but isn't there something on this site that catches bad words in comments anyway?

(Excuse the pointlessness of this post)

• Jennifer RIP Lesthat Hayden
    15 years ago

Oh this is a great idea. There are some poems I come across that are just so...eh....I don't want to leave a comment in fear of them being all alpsd;ffjslkj;!

• forevertobeart
    15 years ago

But if you made it absolutely clear that although the comments appear annonymous, they can still be tracked by Mods and you will still be banned/suspended if you leave nasty comments, wouldn't that bring those abusive comments down, even a little?

Because if I knew I would still get in trouble from posting an annonymous comment the same as posting a regular comment from my name, I wouldn't try it, but that's just me. (Not that I would even think about it!)

• anonymous lover
    15 years ago

Why don't you send the writer of the poem
    a private message??

• Lethmelodis
    15 years ago

^^

~Shady Charaters ~ - lmfao.

Honestly, I'd like this to be looked into. Its an idea with plenty of potential. Personally, I find myself commenting poems less and less because, like some said above me, its that fear that someone will, out of spite, slaughter my work for voicing my opinion on a user's work (though typically I'm not very negative, the users who tend to post work I would criticize for things such as grammar or content are the same breed who would rate me down or try and flag me out of spite - see; immature, but still).

Of course, you'd have to have limitations or an ability to track the users who made the comments to prevent outright abuse, which is completely understandable, and hell, I whole heartedly support it - so long as it isn't too much of a stressor on the mods.