Can we delete our own threads?

• Cyber Saiyan
    15 years ago

It is possible to let members delete their own thread on the discussion boards?

Example: A member has a topic titled "Giving away free comments". Once they are done with the thread, they post CLOSED, but people still post to it.

I was thinking this would help the site out some with their database sizing. If we deleted each thread as we were done, it would cut way down on the disk space needed to store it.

Just a thought.

• Italian Stallion
    15 years ago

I don't think giving members access to delete their threads is a benefit in the long run, it would cause problems more-or-less.

Simply contact a moderator and we will lock or delete the thread for you.

• Cyber Saiyan
    15 years ago

Point made.

Thanks for the reply.

• Blissful
    15 years ago

What about giving club managers the option of deleting the threads in their club?

Ann Marie is a gem when it comes to deleting threads along with the other Mods but I think it would make sense for managers to have that power as well.

• Italian Stallion
    15 years ago

Within clubs I think it would be fine and fits perfectly for the role of a manager of a club. It may still cause a few minor problems, but nothing we shouldn't be able to fix/figure out.

• Blissful
    15 years ago

That would be great! I hope it happens soon.

• Courageous Dreamer
    15 years ago

I agree, assistants should be given the power as well, because most assistants help out with sending in threads for deletion..