I'm falling in love with my boss and i don't know what to do

• Taylor
    14 years ago

So I've been workin at my job for almost 4 months now and I met my boss when i started working there. He's really fun to joke around with and i always have fun when i'm working with him. He's a great guy and his wife hurt him really bad when she left him. He is really religious (christian) and i'm really not, but it doesn't seem to matter. We see things so different, but i'm absolutely falling in love with him and i have no idea what to do. help

by the way he's 22 and i'm 16 :/

• Milton
    14 years ago

It's good that you met a good person. there's nothing wrong with liking him and all of that. but, being 22 myself, I don't see myself getting with a 16 year old..

I don't know what he's like. he might like you too? but, I'm just saying from my view I wouldn't have a relationship of that kind with someone that young. so, it's hard to say on what step you should take but to stay friends with him. but other people have others.

• Captivat3d
    14 years ago

I think it would be a bad idea to try to start anything with him. I mean, he's your boss, dating your boss usually doesn't end very well and involves some drama. AND, he's 22 and your 16. I know it might FEEL like your falling in love but I'm sorry, but I doubt you are. I remember when I was 16 (I'm 19 right now), and I thought I knew everything but wow, I was wrong. You can't fall in love with someone you barely know...like physically, mentally, emotionally. He could get in trouble and you could too.

• She Loves Me She Loves Me Not
    14 years ago

Having some kind of "thing" going with your boss would be bad. If anything did come of it, and you got together seeing him day in day out.. home && at work.. it would be a lot to take on.

Then if anything did go wrong, you'd be in the awkward situation of him being your boss still if you're in arguments or have ended it.

• Taylor
    14 years ago

Thanks for all your help.

truly appreciate it'

• Taylor
    14 years ago

Did you really just tell me to fall in love with someone my own age?

sorry hun, but i can't help who i fall in love with

• XxBrokenInsidexX
    14 years ago

See ive never been in your situation exactly but i have loved someone i shouldnt have and ya know your right..you cant help who you fall inlove with and to me the age difference is not that serious and age is just a number anyway(unless your 20 and he is 60 lol)
    but if he feels the same about you then giving it a try may be okay..now im not saying it may affect your working situation but if it does then youll know its not meant to be...
    i always think you should never pass up someone because of a circumstance because youll never know if they are "the one" ya know.

i reaallly hope the best, and just follow your heart dont let others words and inputs lead you, let your heart and feelings be the guide.

• sian
    14 years ago

Hey hun, sometimes when you meet a man who seems like everything that you want, you cant help falling head over heals. He's older and your obviously attracted to him and he's responsible with a good job, so no1 can blame u for liking him. Which is y you shud prob stay clear. He has a position over you and a responsibility for you as his employee. If he dated all of his staff hed have none left!! If he was a decent man then he would leave you alone until you moved jobs atleast. sian xx

• Devon
    14 years ago

Ask him out for a date or something...
    And let him know you

• Mimi Angel
    14 years ago

"He's a great guy and his wife hurt him really bad when she left him"

So this means that it's his wife who took the decision to get divorce not him,and since he was hurt it means something,he is not indifferent to her.

It seems that you are strongly attracted to him but you have to consider all the pros and cons of such love.

Good luck.

• Clown
    14 years ago

Ok, what im about to say is going to be really cold hearted and may hurt your feelings. A, your jail bait to the guy, and if you truly care about him you wont put him at risk for that. B, He is your BOSS, and trust me, you dont want that kind of heat from your co-workers, its not fun. C, Hes going thru a divorce and hes hurt, if you try anything now, youd be taking advantage of him, and thats flat out not right, give him time to re-evaluate himself and his situation. D, your only 16, you cant posibly completly understand the whole differance between love and infatuation, there is a differance, I know that cuz im 21 and have already been married and divorced and still dont completly understand the differance. E, You have no clue if he feels the same way, and hes a christan wich would stop him from doing it anyways, (christans are supposed to stick to the laws of the land according to the bible) so even if you did get him to get with you then you would be putting him in a morally questionable and religiously wrong situation. F, and if you do take all these things into honest concideration and still do it, then your selfish and really dont care about him at all and he deserves better then that. What you should do is be his friend, and be there for him and offer some simple advice once in a wile and listen to him, and if hes still single in 2 years when your 18 and you still feel that way for him, then by all means, go for it. True love can wait forever if it needs to, and if it cant, then it was never love. If i hurt your feelings, I wont say im sry, cuz, well that would be a lie. this is the hard truth, it would be wrong of you in every way to try and get with him untill your 18.

• Taylor
    14 years ago

Thank you!

Last poster.

That was the best advice i've ever gotten, Your right. You opened my eyes to a lot of things. Honestly thank you so much :]

you should give me advice more often.
    Well said :]