What Would You Do?

• Elizabeth
    14 years ago

"What Would You Do?" is a new Primetime reality television show. Using hidden cameras and actors, the script writers create situations in which ordinary people are confronted with a dilemma that requires them to take action or walk away and mind their own business.

I thought it would make for an interesting social experiment here on P&Q.

Here's how the experiment will work: I'll set up a situation and the next person to respond to this thread replies honestly about what they would do. Then, this said person will create a new situation for the next person to respond to reply to. And so on and so forth. Basically, it works much in the same way threads like This or That work.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If you saw a baby alone in a car on a hot, sunny, summer day, what would you do?

• MERCY is never shown
    14 years ago

Ummm where the rents? if they are close by id probably cuss them out if i cant find them then id call the cops cuz i would get in trouble if i busted a window

• XxBabii GirlxX
    14 years ago

Try everything i could to get the baby out of the car and call the cops and make sure that they perants realize what could of happened to they're baby and i would be so mad cause what kind of perant are you if you leave the baby in the car like that. if you ask me the perants dont deserve to have the baby

• Lemma
    14 years ago

Try to find the parents, if I couldn't find them I'd call the police.

---------------------------------------------------------

New situation:

What would you do if you saw your best friend's bf/gf cheating on them?

• Elizabeth
    14 years ago

I would try to find the parents by asking other people around if this was their vehicle or child, but I wouldn't leave the vehicle nor the child's side. While trying to get other people's attention I would definitely call 911 and try open the door of the window by any means, even if I would be held accountable for the damaged vehicle. Time is of the essence, whether the window is cracked or not, temperatures inside a vehicle are higher than they are outside; it could be 66 degrees outsides but 120 degrees inside the vehicle. All it takes is 10 minutes...

Thank you Mercy and BabyGurl for replying, for your interesting responses and for taking different factors into account, but you two forgot to draw a new situation, haha. And thank you Lemma for your response and the new scenario.

"What would you do if you saw your best friend's bf/gf cheating on them?" It would depend what exactly I saw, if I saw him/her kiss another person, or make an inappropriate gesture, or caught them in a sexual act. I would definitely, without a doubt, let my best friend know what I ~thought~ I saw (in reference to a "kiss" or a "gesture") because my first thought could be wrong. However, if I saw them in a sexual act with another person, I would then tell my best friend what I ~did~ see. Whatever he/she decided to do after that, if they decided to confront them, break-up with them or forgive them, that would be their business. I would of course be there for them irregardless of if they request it from me. If I got along with or were friends with their bf/gf and caught them cheating I might confront them about it first, ask them what was going on, tell him/her what I just saw and that they should come forward about it.

--------------------------------------------------------

New situation:
    What would you do if you saw a strange man/woman talking to a young boy/girl, of a family that you know quite well, on a street or at the park and ~knew~ that this man/woman was not an immediate family member, although, you did not know whether they were an extended family member, friend of the family or not?

• Elizabeth
    14 years ago

^ Thank you for your response. But one question I have to ask is, what if you wouldn't get the chance to talk to the child? What if that unfamiliar person walked off with them or persuaded them to jump into a vehicle with them?

"What would you do if you found out your child was pregnant?" There's so much to say but not enough time to say it in. However, in short, assuming you mean in their early or mid teens and ~not~ referring to a rape, I would probably be angry and disappointed with them, but of course that would only be short-lived. Naturally I plan to educate my child[ren] about safe sex, hope that they hold the same values I do about waiting (in terms of having sex and of having a child), etc. and hope that they take what I have to say seriously. The decision about what to do will not be left up to my daughter; a child, it will be a family decision. Abortion is not an option legally (where I live) nor, in my mind, morally (I hope my child feels the same way). Adoption would be more acceptable, but honestly I don't think I could let that happen, I would sooner adopt the baby and raise him/her as my own if my daughter still refused to take responsibility (which I hope my daughter would take responsibility for her decision). No matter what we as a family decide what is most important is that I would be there to support my child during her pregnancy and after the birth but ~most~ importantly help ~her~ to learn how to raise her baby.

------------------------------------------------------

What would you do if you were a teacher or another student and saw a group of students verbally, and audibly, bullying another student? I bring this up because, from personal experience, nothing was ever done about this kind of behavior.