PNQ on facebook?

• Boy
    13 years ago

Is there ANY 'POEMS AND QUOTES' page on FACEBOOK.
    or any group? or any thing related that i can see on facebook site.

• Boy
    13 years ago

Poems-and-quotes. there should be a page... what you think please express your opinion.

• Boy
    13 years ago

No actually i was just wondering because i often on facebook. but i understand not everyone use facebook.

• ladiiie
    13 years ago

I think PnQ should have a facebook page.. i think it would be a pretty amazing idea

• Boy
    13 years ago

Yeh..... and it can't take any cost to make it.. it s0 simple... any moderate? plz

• Boy
    13 years ago

Its good to hear your views. i want to ask you here. why we leave everything on owner. i been on this site from ages ago. and we always listen that owner will do all the things. why can't we do this? why not any mod? and i prefer to those people who are active on this site. i don't care about the people who inactive as you said... i think there should be a page. where we can share and meet the poet and poetess.. long live for poems and quotes :)

• ladiiie
    13 years ago

Well i dont think it would take it away. it would probably bring more people into this web site.
    but heyy only you know what is better for this site

• Sean
    13 years ago

The reason you should have a FB page is that more than 400 million people use it regularly - it surpasses google as the most visited site on the web and has the amazing ability to 'spider web'.

For example,

I sign up to your PNQ page - i have 292 friends, out of which maybe 4 or 5 of my like minded peers might click on PNQ, then they might join your FB page and draw in perhaps even more people in.

FB is becoming the hub of the internet :)

• Sean
    13 years ago

Also, having an active page where by topics, poems etc feed into FB would make the average user of this site who checks in once a month or so, perhaps less - much more likely to become a active member of the website.

• Tsukuyomi
    13 years ago

The owners of this site aren't even active so leaving it to the members is appropriate. If you want a P&Q page set up let me know and I'll throw it all together and take suggestions from every active member that is for it. That way at least people who would use it can use it. No reason to deny something like that for a site where the owners haven't been on in ages.

"We activate about 150 a day. It's not like we don't have people coming in." - Many aren't even active or are accounts of members that already had accounts, plus the fact of all the accounts that werent activated over the last long long long period where people signed up, never got emails, and gave up.

• Italian Stallion
    13 years ago

Okay listen, as Britt. has aforementioned we (the mods) have collectively decided it is not necessary at the current moment. It's not up for grabs, it's not going to be done by a member or a mod, it just is out of the question for now.

By all means we aren't saying you or someone else can't create a poetry page on Facebook; however, we are saying you can't create a Poems-and-quotes page on Facebook without the proper authority such as Janis, Dainz, or one of the Moderators.

That being said, this is the end of this discussion. Case closed.

• silvershoes
    13 years ago

We are not in a position to create a page on Facebook for Poems-and-quotes. Your voices have been heard and the case will remain under consideration, but at this time it isn't possible for several reasons. We don't have enough mods to be regulating a PnQ related page outside of PnQ itself. We are not prepared to take on more mods because it is a lengthy, careful process and already there are several relatively new mods. Also, since there is no approval from the site owners, it could be considered a CR infringement and I don't think anyone here is prepared to be fined a ridiculous amount of money or go to court. The more popular the page would become, the riskier it would be for whoever created it.
    I understand some of you feel you should have the ability to start one up if none of the mods are willing, but honestly you would be violating our wishes and perhaps be penalized.

The idea will be added to the list we have made up for Janis or Dainz to review when they someday return.

Keep in mind that many members on PnQ prefer to have their identity unknown or obscured for a multitude of reasons and promoting PnQ's relationship with Facebook could easily impair their ability to continue as a member here comfortably.

• Tsukuyomi
    13 years ago

By your views only the non-existent owner can do it, thats not productive what so ever or addressing the problem at hand I do not think.

The identity thing wouldn't be a problem since joining a facebook page is a choice, it cant be forced.

However as much as you think you can as a mod, this site has no dictation over facebook as a page doesn't violate any copyrights, especially when the mentioned copyright date of the mentioned site haven't been updated in 3 years. So if a member wanted to, they legally could just fine. Even if there was a violation of a copyright a moderator has no authority as they possess no ownership. Another reason they'd be allowed to make one on their own is it doesn't violate a terms of use segment.

• silvershoes
    13 years ago

We do have authority in a sense because if you violate our vote on this matter, you could be penalized on PnQ. This has been proven necessary in the past when members from PnQ began sharing links to hack into threads via Facebook messages. We cannot control what you do outside this website, but we can penalize you for it here.

I believe there are other ways to attain a more satisfactory conclusion for all parties included other than making threats and letting this turn into a needless mess.

If you, Tsukuyomi, seeing as you are 18 years of age and therefore a legal adult, would like to create this Facebook page for PnQ - with the understanding that you are wholly responsible for any court ordered injunctions, fines, etc. because of copyright infringement - then I believe we, the mods, would be willing to negotiate with you.
    So I have to ask, would you like to host the page?

• Tsukuyomi
    13 years ago

Thats on P&Q yes but on Facebook you have no say is what I'm simply saying. There hasn't been a threat that I've seen just an over stepping of boundaries in moderator authority onto another site. I would host a page regardless, because I understand copyright very well and have looked into it. I've worked for games that have constant copyright involvements and a few separate sites. This isn't nearly as hard as them. For example: Some were based on anime games or anime shows. Had to deal with a lot of copyright stuff because of the fine line between fanfiction and copyright. If the moderators wanted it that just furthers a need to have it, but just because they don't I dont think should stop a person. As I said personally I would host it regardless but if you wish to discuss me doing that sure. The only thing that could violate a copyright though would be if the host of the page posted poems under their name instead of the authors. Other than that, it is fair game.

I personally think the person with the most facebook friends from P&Q would be a good choice but anyone could simply make it and hold onto it until that factor is decided. No matter whats decided if no one wants to do it themselves, I'll do the work to put the information on there and pass on the control of the community page to the person.

A thing called a community page which is the majority of pages is the one that would be made, and that requires no ownership or permission of ownership. This might help clear up any debate. The only type of page that can violate a copyright even if the public copyright of this site is expired, would be an "Official Page" which is for:

Local business

Brand, product, or organization

Artist, band, or public figure

• sibyllene
    13 years ago

I think if you want it, go for it. The mods earlier were more saying that they, as representatives of the site, didn't feel like they were in a position of making a facebook page and maintaining/moderating it. That's what the original posts seemed to be asking. None of us feel like it's necessary, but that doesn't mean you're not allowed to make one yourself, providing that you are aware of any potentially problematic copyright issues and don't leech information from the structure or communications of the site. Hooray Facebook.

PS. Have you found any of those elusive active threads yet?

• silvershoes
    13 years ago

Yep, go for it. You have our blessing.

• Tsukuyomi
    13 years ago

I think that they could of been more specific above about it being a community page that doesnt have any possible violations other than posting peoples work as your own which is an obvious no no and it not being an Offical Page which would require the owner to create or for them to give permission to a person for it. Ill make one but as soon as it is made I'll be passing on the admin power of it to the person with the most FB friends that are from P&Q since that makes more sense.

And I'm looking into clubs to find the most active one and possibly joining it. Now days I don't write so much and am more of a philosophical quoter and critique person when people ask me which happens quite often so I'm content. I might start writing again and get into those sorts of threads eventually.

• Boy
    13 years ago

GUYS, I just have read all of your suggestions. i got that MOD are not willing to do it and i understand all the reason they told and expressed here. i really respect all the MODS and i always would prefer the MODS decisions.

becasue now the only MODS are; becasue of them this site works. and becasue of them this site is still alive. they are doing a very good job. i appriciate it.

i just thought it would be more good because in the sense of people have alot of awareness about facebook.

i think to give a facebook page to 'poems and quotes' is like to give the ownership of p&q. because p&Q has its own uniqueness...

but i just request to all MODS to consider this suggestions and leave it for future. because the world is going so fast. and we should explorer the things.

my pray: 'POEMS AND QUOTES' May this site live long....

And i am with MODS.... :)

• silvershoes
    13 years ago

Alone, thank you for the appreciation and kind words.

"Ill make one but as soon as it is made I'll be passing on the admin power of it to the person with the most FB friends that are from P&Q since that makes more sense."

Tsukuyomi, do you mind if I call you Tsu? Please keep the mods posted on who the admin power of the FB page is being passed to.

• Italian Stallion
    13 years ago

I'll take the admin power if you all want, that way at least it is still being controlled by one of us moderators of the actual site.

• silvershoes
    13 years ago

There can be co-admins. I think there can be quite a few admins actually... Joe, that'd be great if you were one of them.

• Boy
    13 years ago

Agreeed!

• Tsukuyomi
    13 years ago

I'll finish it up tonight once I am done studying for AP Bio, then Ill send you the link so you can like it then Ill make you an admin on it.

You can just call me by my actual name. Joe or Joseph works fine. Just never Joey.

• Italian Stallion
    13 years ago

Lol well nice to meet you Joe, my name is also Joe.

• Tsukuyomi
    13 years ago

So I've figured and found out a while ago from something, I can't remember what though. Probably when I first tried to get a hold of Janis and all of them.

• sibyllene
    13 years ago

^How did that go over for ya? : )

• Tsukuyomi
    13 years ago

I didn't xD. They fell off the face of the earth. The main way to get for sure contact isn't exactly legal and I don't plan to break hacking laws for something silly like that xD.

• Boy
    13 years ago

Ok send the link... lol

• Tsukuyomi
    13 years ago

Ill send everyone a link. I'll work on everything right now and then send the link out and do everything that was already talked about. I'll fill in everything but a picture since I'm not sure if a screen shot or a custom made image would work best.

If someone wouldn't mind giving me a paragraph description of P&Qs that would be good too. Something that sounds good but isn't too lengthy.

• silvershoes
    13 years ago

AJ would be a good candidate for designing the PnQ image.

• Tsukuyomi
    13 years ago

I have a temp thing that just says Poems & Quotes for now until the good one is made, tried to get the colors to match the theme yet be visible. All I need is a description and Ill link everyone.

• AJ
    13 years ago

Here is an image I made that you can use..

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t16/ochelshrub/PQ.jpg

• mrsmoore
    13 years ago

Think I see it on there. Good luck, I look forward to it!

• Tsukuyomi
    13 years ago

That graphic is quite good, I'll add it on there now. I've been busy with a birthday party and such. And I'm not sure of a good description. Once I get the description it is basically done.

• Boy
    13 years ago

Thts great!!!

• silvershoes
    13 years ago

Progress report? :)

• Tsukuyomi
    13 years ago

Just waiting on a good description preferably from a mod so I can quote it as by a moderator, looks more proper.

• sibyllene
    13 years ago

Oh, the mods are writing it? Maybe, alternatively, you ought to treat this as an opportunity to practice organizing and leading another online group. Facebook descriptions are easy-peasy.

• Tsukuyomi
    13 years ago

I already have practice xD. I've done it a lot. It just looks better to quote a mod. than a member. Its not about gaining experience, its about the appearance :P. I was a personal representative of a few games, one a little more major and well known but I won't name them here O-o. Kinda comes off like advertising.