OH MY GOD (my 'C')

• Boy
    16 years ago

I noticed in change in comments posted. mine 'C' changed platinuem to bronze.

i think there is addition of praise comments. i think its good. so we can only get updated our 'C' if we have praised comments....

• Pete
    16 years ago

Yeah it would appear that the awards system has been slightly modified. (I guess the admin isn't completely benign)

It looks like you only get your C award for "Praised" comments. I think this way is just as good if not better, as the mods have to review who's comments get praised. This means that "Well done, good job" x 100 no longer gets you an award. Only the ones willing to put the time in to give a proper review of the poem will get their award.

For once; I say ... Good Job Janis!

Peace.

• Boy
    16 years ago

Yeh its realy good job.... i liked janiz work... appriciative!!

• Letty
    16 years ago

It would have been nice to notify the members of this change instead of leaving us in the dark.

• Wasted Fake Smiles
    16 years ago

Wow. thats dumb =[ i was so proud of having 3 platnums and a gold -sigh- but now i apparently have 2 golds, a bronze, and platnum. thats dumb.
    =[

oh well
    its not really a big deal
    but now i look unspecial
    ^ i know that isnt a word

• Tammie
    16 years ago

I really like this idea, as you said, now the people that give the crappy comments like 'good job' don't get anything for it. Maybe better comments will come out of this. :]

• Boy
    16 years ago

Tammie, lol..... ok then

• Wasted Fake Smiles
    16 years ago

Lol seriously ^

i mean, did people join this site to get little awards
    or was it because they wanted to write poetry
    and wanted honest critiques on it?

i certainly joined it for poetry

(that doesnt make me less sad that i have a broze though =p) but i'll live

• Boy
    16 years ago

I think everyone is diffrent and free at his/her own thoguhts. so if someone concious about award. then we should leave his/her on that person thinking.

everyone is diffrent...

• Noir
    16 years ago

DeadSoul:Really, I'm guessing that you have access to every senior member's account, thereby knowing whether they do or do not praise...Quite Omnipresent!! Don't you think? Lol.

I think that finally it is a good thing that the critique awards and the praise button are finally activated. Why? Because it places the line between what is a good critique and good all around comment, from those self-serving wishing to get a platinum award.

I still believe there is a flaw, which is, that those who do comment may try to curry favours from those who they comment from, giving praise and what nots.

Or they may even, lie about the critiques they have given.

But again, doesn't everything have a loophole or a flaw...lol.

• Boy
    16 years ago

Britt: and leaving worthwhile comments in which people will actually praise you.

lol britt i consider my every comments worthwhile. but its another think people like or not. anyways.
    lol

• Boy
    16 years ago

So britt, i think we should stop talking about silly awards. And thxz for ur all msgs.

• Boy
    16 years ago

"Sharing your interest in poetry helps you grow as a writer, I do believe".

yeh im agreed. britt. you opened my eyes lol.

• Prophecies In Kodak
    16 years ago

There is an issue though where people sometimes are just too lazy though.

I always leave a comment where I pick apart my favorite verse line by line and then i give quick briefing of the poem. Go look at on of Britt's featured poems to see the length, criticism and praise. People sometimes just overlook some features are even there.

I do think this is a good idea. I had someone spam my poem one thousand times just to get their platinum and I had received penalty point for that and had to delete the poem all because some idiot wanted his award.

• Boy
    16 years ago

Hmmm... yeh yeh ok... but where is britt. i like her disscussion about any topic.

• Brigitte
    16 years ago

I like the new Idea a lot! Except I feel bad, some people leave me the most amazing comments, but since I'm not a senior member, I can't help them out by praising it.

• Boy
    16 years ago

Brigitte,

you know one thing. i realy did not know this before that only senior members can praised the comments. i just found now by you.

lol i am senior member and i was unaware about this thing. ok thanx for telling me and one funny thing there is a 22 posts in this thread but i knew by nobody this thing. but you told me.

so this mean i can still talk about this thread. cuz after knowing this i have some questions in my mind. and i will express later on that questions.

• silvershoes
    16 years ago

Tiiiiiiiight.

• Boy
    16 years ago

I have few question in my mind...

1) why praised comments option only for senior members?
    2) why not for others members?
    3)is it not discoureging them?
    4) are they not writers? if they are then y its so?

can someone would like to answer of these questions.. plz

• Brigitte
    16 years ago

Alone, I agree completely. If awards don't matter...then why MUST we have them to praise comments? I find it hard to become a senior member.... I write a lot, but I don't put every little poem I have on this site, only the ones that I feel are the best...If I did put them all on here....I'd definitely be a senior member.... But awards never mattered to me as much as the quality of my work, yet I feel pressured to gain awards "FAST FAST FAST" so that I can praise the nice people who leave me long VERY helpful comments.

• Boy
    16 years ago

Britt.. amazing. now its fine to know about incentive.

and Brigitte
    i think the more you will stay and sincere and and be attached with this website. then you will get incentive. so youcan praise others.

i think now its final that praised comment is good idea. so all the award takers cannot get award so easily unless the other senior member praisedthem. excelllent.

britt can solve so many problems just in few seconds. thanx britt. i meet you later. bye

• Moose
    16 years ago

To be honest I love this. The fact that "GOOD WORK ZOMG!! Like a 5/5!!!"

"OMG GREAT JoB!"

"This was great"

"Pretty nice"

"I think this is a pretty good poem"

"wow"

I mean as flattering as this comments are, they provide no real constructive critiscism. (SP?) R.R.C. stands for Read/Rate/Comment, why read and rate it is you cant leave something that can actually help the author.

• Prophecies In Kodak
    16 years ago

I do think everyone should have the option to praise though. Senior members shouldnt be the only ones who may praise people for the good criticism and the bad criticism they have left.

And Brigette... If you pm me the comment pages I'll praise the comments for you. As to see they dont get robbed of the time they put into the comment.

• silvershoes
    16 years ago

Yeah, I'd rather get no comment than an empty "good job" comment. When I see I have a new comment, I get excited, and reading "good job" is SO LAME. Stoppit. Give me real comments.

• Boy
    16 years ago

Oh my GOD i thought this forum should be locked now. but you guys carry on talking. rocking. lols

• Boy
    16 years ago

"I do think everyone should have the option to praise though. Senior members shouldnt be the only ones who may praise people for the good criticism and the bad criticism they have left"

yeh tastless. i also thought so. that everyone should praised the comments. but britt made me understand...

but now what?

• Boy
    16 years ago

Yeh itz good. But if evry1 gets that option. Then there wil be no diffrence remain between old reader awards and new one rule. And may be it will become so easy to get platinuim 'c'. For evry1. By giving alot of praise to each other.

• Sherry Lynn
    16 years ago

They will have the option to praise; however, it will be up to the mods to accept or deny it worthiness.

Hope this helps

~~Sher

• Boy
    16 years ago

Ok. Fine. I think we should just wait an watch. Whatz going on next. Hope whatever are happened wil be the betterment for this site.

• TwistedAngel xx
    16 years ago

YES for the BETTERMENT of us all
    ^_^
    xx