*Cough*

• adriaan
    15 years ago

A few things I thought about:

Tell me, how do you quote someone else's post? As in <quote>[person's post]</quote> or similar and then you can comment on it like that. If there isn't a way to do it, there certainly should be.

Also no way to check how many posts each member has done (it might be on the profile, but it certainly should be on the side of each poster on each topic.)

Another thing: no bold. No italics. No underlining. Pretty much completely bereft of all kinds of coding for forums. Isn't this a bit simple? I apologise if this is already in existence, but it doesn't seem to be. No spoil-coding either, which is very useful on generl discussion forums.

Also a sub-forum for short stories (as opposed to poems) could be a good idea.

EDIT: And there's absolutely no way to tell firsthand which forums have new posts, without taking the very long way of checking each individual topic. Why hasn't this been modified?

Oh, and change the layout of the home page. It really isn't very good. There's no logo and a subsequent lack of colour apart from pink, white and yellow. In fact most of the screen is white. (Not that you should make it multi-coloured or anything, but try and use a broader range.)

Any method of uploading images either? I don't mean in avatars, I mean in the actual post. Apart from posting the links.

And when a thread has tons of posts, you all put them on the same page! Did it not consider to anyone to base them on separate pages?

And where are the SIGNATURES? Isn't something missing here?

• PnQ Mod Account
    15 years ago

I know there are plenty of people that will agree with you that these things need added, but there are just as many, if not more, that like it just as it is. Simple and straight forward.

---------

To answer your suggestions:

Tell me, how do you quote someone else's post? As in <quote>[person's post]</quote> or similar and then you can comment on it like that. If there isn't a way to do it, there certainly should be.
    ^^
    Do just as I did, copy and paste

Also no way to check how many posts each member has done (it might be on the profile, but it certainly should be on the side of each poster on each topic.)
    ^Why does it even matter how may posts each memebr has made? It's on the profile, that is more than sufficient.

Another thing: no bold. No italics. No underlining. Pretty much completely bereft of all kinds of coding for forums. Isn't this a bit simple? I apologise if this is already in existence, but it doesn't seem to be. No spoil-coding either, which is very useful on generl discussion forums.
    ^^
    Simple.. and nice. Easy to read. Add all those options and there will be posts in all bold, italics, etc.

Also a sub-forum for short stories (as opposed to poems) could be a good idea.
    ^^ find a short-story website to post those on, or make your own website to post them on.

EDIT: And there's absolutely no way to tell firsthand which forums have new posts, without taking the very long way of checking each individual topic. Why hasn't this been modified?
    ^^
    Look at the day and time... if it's different than the last time you were here, then there is a new post.

But I would not object to there being a flag of some sort to pinpoint recent posts

Oh, and change the layout of the home page. It really isn't very good. There's no logo and a subsequent lack of colour apart from pink, white and yellow. In fact most of the screen is white. (Not that you should make it multi-coloured or anything, but try and use a broader range.)
    ^^
    It was just recently changed (a little)

Any method of uploading images either? I don't mean in avatars, I mean in the actual post. Apart from posting the links.
    ^
    no, no, no... it's hard enough for us to monitor the pictures on profiles... it would be nearly impossible to check every forum post for indecent photos.

And when a thread has tons of posts, you all put them on the same page! Did it not consider to anyone to base them on separate pages?
    ^threads are already limited to 100 posts. That's not so hard to scroll through. (yes, I know some go over 100, but recently that's not been more than 10 or 20 over)

And where are the SIGNATURES?
    ^keep the signature you want to use saved somewhere... and copy and paste it in. That's not too hard. This is something I don't think is necessary, but if Janis wants to implement it, I would not object.

Isn't something missing here?
    Yes, there is something missing...
    -and admin that is here daily or even regularly.
    -a way to eliminate plagiary
    -and more important things than fluff and frills on the discussion board.

For having so many ideas to improve the forums, I'm surprised you used such a vague Title for your post. That is one thing I wish we could enforce, so that the search forum tool would work properly.