I would love to dabate???

• Linda Kennedy
    15 years ago

I was wondering if anyone ever suggested that we have a debate or thought provoking discussion on the winning poems..who reads what into what????
    I think this would be insightful, helpful, and mind opening as well as fun!
    I hope to find a response.
    Linda H. Kenndy

• PnQ Mod Account
    15 years ago

It sounds like a good idea... but it may end up having to be done in a club or something.

I can see some people saying they don't want their poem debated about on a public forum. (I know... if they don't want it talked about why submit it...)

Also, if everyone can remain civil and not get cruel and nasty in the discussion, then it could be a very good, educational thing.

• Linda Kennedy
    15 years ago

Thanks, just got my first heads up on the sensitivity issues. Yes, I agree they do need to be taken in careful consideration...
    Could you please pm me and I would love for "YOU" to maybe consider a club so those who want to particapate will do so.
    Thank you so much
    Linda H Kennedy
    Ann Marie

• Linda Kennedy
    15 years ago

Cyrano:
    Help..we need this type of forum, club, etc. Stiring up controversy, praise, thougts, and conclusions can help all and it will open the writers eyes as well as to what they have written..do we "all" agree..????
    I do not know personnaly how do develope this, I have read some of the club starts, requirements etc. Have none!
    Linda H. Kennedy
    P.S. except...sensitivity should be left at the end of your pen.

• PnQ Mod Account
    15 years ago

Title of thread: how about, "Debating the Greats"

Now someone needs to come up with a set of guidelines and rules....

Just remember that poems can't be posted in the forums... so find a place that it's posted online and post a link.

For example:

The Raven
    By Edgar Allen Poe
    http://www.houseofusher.net/raven.html

vs

Alone
    by Edgar Allen Poe
    http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/alone-5/

• Linda Kennedy
    15 years ago

I love it all! Where in the forum..and who will set it up??? I do not know where to begin.
    Question: where and how would we submit, if we wanted to, our own works.
    Linda H. Kennedy
    Yes, I had the idea, but yes, computer illiterate I am

• PnQ Mod Account
    15 years ago

Whoever wants to do it... can do it...

I would say in the member message forum... and you started this thread... you just start it the same way.

Just be sure to have an informative first post that details the rules and such.

I do not think anyone should submit their own works. (What a snazzy way to get people to read your poems!!)

If it all goes well discussing famous poems, then I guess we will PM the contest winners and ask them if they want their poems discussed.