Member rankings

• Christopher Wry
    15 years ago

I was reading one about the contest and it said senior members voted on them. When asked how you got to be one the answer was poor.
    Here is my idea. A person who has posted 1 - 15 poems would be a beginner, 16 - 30 novice, 31 - 50 fledgling and from here up the number of comments and votes could be used, 51 - 75 journeyman, 76 - 100 senior, 101 - 150 master and up or whatever spacing you like.
    This would let each member know where they are and may be give a push topost more.

• Christopher Wry
    15 years ago

Good point. The question then is where can one find a list of standards one must meet to become one. If there is not one I feel there should be one it would show members what is needed to be one and may be head off any well he is Joe's friend type remarks. For the way Iread your answer I will never be one since I have had no schooling in the subject so my knowledge comes from what I see on here and do and what others say.

• Christopher Wry
    15 years ago

They would most likely send me running for the hills.

• Christopher Wry
    15 years ago

Ok but I still think some kind of rating is need to show members that they are progressing in their skill (?) level.

• TravisInABottle
    15 years ago

"4. must have at least 2 years on the site"

^Not that it really matters to me, but wouldn't a lot of members complain about them having been here for a long period of time, but they just happened to get a new profile recently?

• TravisInABottle
    15 years ago

I mean, what if someone had an account from 2005, but got tired of it or just wanted to start new so they deleted their old account and made a new one about a year ago. (I do know a few people who've done that.) How will you know that they really have been here that long if someone claims they've been here for long and made a new account, but really they're lying just to be a senior member?

Am I making any sense..?

• TravisInABottle
    15 years ago

I guess that makes sense. I still don't like it, though. But that doesn't really matter much. ; )

• Polly
    15 years ago

It seems like everybody has their own ideas about what it is that makes someone worthy of senior member status... I think to change it would be very controversial as even the mods have different views. The system we have at the moment might not set apart the fantastic poets from the rest, but it does show those who have put at least some time into the site, which I believe is quite important as it shows dedication even if you arent an amazing poet or capable of writing articles about writing good poetry.
    Polly