Think you understand poetry?

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Bob I must agree I am reading something about a woman definetly!

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

But as to what in relation to a woman I am intrigued - any clues??

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I agree, she is definately pregnant and resentful of it. I had to read the poem a couple times to get it, but its actually pretty simple if you think about it. Thanks for posting it, interesting.

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i like the pregnancy interpretation very good guys...but technically aren't we pregnant for ten months? (as you dont find out till you are four weeks along) besides my medicinal facts of nature I think you are right my friends great work!

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Kaitlyn in reading this again you are 100% correct about the resentent or disgust she is feeling about her bodies appearance through out her pregnancy....

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Im shocked you just agreed justplainme

You are also right about societies belief of nine months of pregnancy

You are also correct about it making the riddle easier but being a mother myself I found the nine confusing, still you have stated some extremely valid points :o)

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I dont know if it was intentional or not, but did any of you notice how the first thing Bob said is that the first line, in which she refers to the number 9, is 10 syllables? Well maybe if the poet knew of the traditional societal belief, and misconception, of pregnancy lasting for 9 months, but knew herself it was 10, therefor put in a clue... hmmm. Possibility, but maybe im reaching.
    Love Kaitlin Kristina

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Ooh I like your thinking Kaitlyn...LoL

• ♥•oOo Nikki oOo•♥©
    19 years ago

Thats Very Confusing lol But Im Guessing That Only a True Poet Can Read Between The Lines Of a Metaphoric Poem As Such xoxo-Nikki-xoxo