Naked Challenge:

• Robert Gardiner
    14 years ago

Naked Challenge:

This is the Naked Challenge. You are to write a poem extolling the Naked Form, as of a person be it yourself or someone else. This challenge stems from the Glorious, Sensual, Exquisitely Beautiful and Incredibly Well Written "Naked Poem", by Pablo Neruda, "Ode to a Naked Beauty" that has intrigued me for a while now, causing me to want to write one of my own, which I did recently called, "Ode to Your Nakedness!!!" You are to try and write one, as well, paying Accolade to the Beauty of the Naked Form, using one of these styles; Sonnet, Ode, Acrostic, Quatern, A Kyrielle Sonnet, Retourne, or Ballade.

Attention all poems must state the style (form) which it is being represented as well as title of the poem Post the poems here directly, also attach the poem's url, so we can comment on the poem directly. Note: this is not a competitive challenge, but rather a challenge to write the most superlative poem you can. GOOD LUCK & GOOD WRITING!!!

Neruda Poem to use as your Muse;

Ode to a Naked Beauty
    by Pablo Neruda

With chaste heart, and pure
    eyes
    I celebrate you, my beauty,
    restraining my blood
    so that the line
    surges and follows
    your contour,
    and you bed yourself in my verse,
    as in woodland, or wave-spume:
    earth's perfume,
    sea's music.

Nakedly beautiful,
    whether it is your feet, arching
    at a primal touch
    of sound or breeze,
    or your ears,
    tiny spiral shells
    from the splendour of America's oceans.
    Your breasts also,
    of equal fullness, overflowing
    with the living light
    and, yes,
    winged
    your eyelids of silken corn
    that disclose
    or enclose
    the deep twin landscapes of your eyes.

The line of your back
    separating you
    falls away into paler regions
    then surges
    to the smooth hemispheres
    of an apple,
    and goes splitting
    your loveliness
    into two pillars
    of burnt gold, pure alabaster,
    to be lost in the twin clusters of your feet,
    from which, once more, lifts and takes fire
    the double tree of your symmetry:
    flower of fire, open circle of candles,
    swollen fruit raised
    over the meeting of earth and ocean.

Your body - from what substances
    agate, quartz, ears of wheat,
    did it flow, was it gathered,
    rising like bread
    in the warmth,
    and signalling hills
    silvered,
    valleys of a single petal, sweetnesses
    of velvet depth,
    until the pure, fine, form of woman
    thickened
    and rested there?

It is not so much light that falls
    over the world
    extended by your body
    its suffocating snow,
    as brightness, pouring itself out of you,
    as if you were
    burning inside.

Example of Styles, Forms:

Sonnet:

1. a fixed verse form of Italian origin consisting of fourteen lines, usually containing ten-syllable to each line. There are many rhyming patterns for sonnets, but typically they are written in iambic pentameter, according to a prescribed scheme.

2. a poem, properly expressive of a single, complete thought, idea, or sentiment, of 14 lines, usually in iambic pentameter, with rhymes arranged according to one of certain definite schemes, being in the strict or Italian form divided into a major group of 8 lines (the octave) followed by a minor group of 6 lines (the sestet), and in a common English form into 3 quatrains followed by a couplet.

Note: participants may play with sonnet structure creating their own. They may create their own original sonnet, making up their own rhyme scheme. The format of 10 syllables (iambic pentameter) and 14 lines that is unique to sonnet form must be strictly kept, but rhyme scheme of sonnet can be whatever poet wishes (rhyming pattern must be noted though). Get creative and have fun!!!

http://www.shadowpoetry.com/resources/wip/sonnet.html

Ode:
    1. A lyric poem characterized by lofty feeling, elaborate form, and dignified or elevated style; a form of stately and elaborate lyrical verse. 2. A lyric poem usually marked by exaltation of feeling and style, varying length of line, and complexity of stanza forms. 3. A lyrical poem praising or glorifying a person, place, or thing.

http://www.shadowpoetry.com/resources/wip/ode.html

ACROSTIC - a poem where the first letter of each line spells a word that can be read vertically

ACROSTIC POEM: A poem in which the first letters of each line form a word or message relating to the subject.

ACROSTIC POEM: is a poem where the first letter of each line spells a word or phrase, usually using the same word, words, or phrase as in the title - expounding upon it.

ACROSTICS: A poem wherein, the first letter of each line or alternating rhymed line of a poem come together to form a word and/or phrase, with each line and the words therein highlighting that word and/or phrase (subject).

http://www.shadowpoetry.com/resources/wip/acrostic.html

Quatern: A Quatern is a sixteen line French form composed of four quatrains. It has a refrain that is in a different place in each quatrain. The first line of stanza one is the second line of stanza two, third line of stanza three, and fourth line of stanza four. A quatern has eight syllables per line. It does not have to be iambic or follow a set rhyme scheme.

http://www.shadowpoetry.com/resources/wip/quatern.html

Kyrielle Sonnet - Level 3 (challenging)

The Kyrielle Sonnet is a 14 line poem, consisting of 3 rhyming quatrain stanza and a non-rhyming couplet. The Kyrielle Sonnet has a refrain normally, the last line of each stanza. Keeping with French tradition, linking the last line with the first line, the ending couplet is composed by putting the 1st line of the poem with the last line of the poem.

Form:

1st stanza - AabB
    2nd stanza - ccbB
    3rd stanza - ddbB
    4th stanza - AB

or

1st stanza - AbaB
    2nd stanza - cbcB
    3rd stanza - dbdB
    4th stanza - AB

A Kyrielle Sonnet consists of 14 lines (three rhyming quatrain stanzas and a non-rhyming couplet). Just like the traditional Kyrielle poem, the Kyrielle Sonnet also has a repeating line or phrase as a refrain (usually appearing as the last line of each stanza). Each line within the Kyrielle Sonnet consists of only eight syllables. French poetry forms have a tendency to link back to the beginning of the poem, so common practice is to use the first and last line of the first quatrain as the ending couplet. This would also re-enforce the refrain within the poem. Therefore, a good rhyming scheme for a Kyrielle Sonnet would be:

AabB, ccbB, ddbB, AB -or- AbaB, cbcB, dbdB, AB.

http://www.shadowpoetry.com/resources/wip/kyriellesonnet.html

Retourne: A Retourne is a French poetry form wherein repetition is used, employed. It consist of four quatrains (four-line stanzas), with each line having eight syllables. The trick is though that the first stanza's second line must also be the second stanza's first line, the first stanza's third line is the third stanza's first, and the first stanza's fourth line is the fourth stanza's first.

RETOURNE

Like so many other French forms, the retourne is all about repetition. It contains four quatrains (four-line stanzas), and each line has eight syllables. The trick is that the first stanza's second line must also be the second stanza's first line, the first stanza's third line is the third stanza's first, and the first stanza's fourth line is the fourth stanza's first. Retournes do not have to rhyme. Consider the following example:

http://www.elfwood.com/farp/thewriting/27brianforms/27brianforms.html#Ballade

BALLADE
    (Not to be confused with ballad.)
    The ballade originated in France. In the strictest sense, it is a poem of three eight-line stanzas followed by a fourth stanza with four lines. The fourth stanza (called an 'envoy' in this case) is usually dedicated to some prince or patron. The first three stanzas all follow the same rhyme scheme (ababcbcb is a common one) and the fourth stanza also has a rhyme scheme tying it to the rest of the poem, bcbc for example. In a ballade, the a, b, or c rhyme from one stanza carries over to all the other stanzas - in other words, the stanzas are linked in rhyme. Finally, all four stanzas have the same ending line. Not all ballades follow this form exactly; some have seven-line stanzas, others have ten, and the rhyme scheme varies from one ballade to another.

http://www.elfwood.com/farp/thewriting/27brianforms/27brianforms.html#retourne

• Robert Gardiner
    14 years ago

Te Naked Trio;

Ode, to Your Nakedness!!!

Ode, to your Nakedness, your, Lovely, Silhouette,
    Such Beauty, as yours, Arouses me, so.
    Here's to your Body, Pleasing, Perfect.
    May I Bask, in the Glow,
    Of its Angelic, Aesthetic, Contours.
    May I rest, my head, upon, its shores.

Ode, to your Anatomy, Ripe and Nubile,
    Here's to your Succulence, by which, I'm Beguiled.
    How I long, to meld, into, your Skin.
    Here's to its Beauty, Supple, Innocent.

Your Body, Such Perfection, A Splendor, to My Eyes.
    Spelled, I am, by it, mesmerized.
    Oh, to be your Sweat, for it knows, every inch of you.
    It traces, your body, as I long to trace, your body, too.

My Hands, they beg, to Caress.
    My Lips, they beg, to Kiss.
    My Fervor, let me express,
    As I Explore, Every bit,
    Every inch, of your Beautiful Nakedness, with my Tongue.
    There's nothing more I want,
    Than you, Naked, before me.
    In this World, I could fine, no greater Ecstasy,
    Than the Beauteous, Beguiling, Bare Body, of you.
    Nothing compares, to the Beauty, of Naked you.
    Ode, to your Nakedness, It, I long, to fall, into...

This poem was inspired, by the Beautiful, Naked, Vision, of Vanessa Hudgens, in a photo I saw on the net. How could I not be Bemused, by Such Beauty, Loveliness, Such Pert, Pristine, Perfection. Her Nakedness, Serene, Nubile, serve as My Muse, Inspiration.

Wriiten and Composed on April 8th, 2009.

~~~~~~~~~

To The Beauty, of Naked Woman!!!

Naked, Beautiful, Supple, Succulent, and Soft,
    In your Naked Silhouette, I could get lost.
    What a Lovely Vision, it is, to see.
    You Rouse, such Fervor, such Passion, within me,
    Every Contour, a Delight, to my eyes.
    The thought of your Nakedness, alone, makes my nature rise.
    Nubile Beauty, like a Nymph, rising, from the sea,
    Your Body's Siren Song, so, Seduces me.
    Each and every inch of it, leaves me, in Rhapsody.
    You're a Statue, of Perfection, Contoured Symmetry.
    Your Nakedness, Beautiful, Defines, Femininity.

Your Breast; Voluptuous, Luscious, Pert, Soft, and Full,
    Plump, Shapely, and Round, just simply, Beautiful.
    Your Stomach; Smooth and Supple, yet, Defined and Firm,
    Lovely and Trim, at its every turn,
    Dainty and Feminine, with Aesthetic Appeal.
    By sight, alone, such pleasure, it yields.
    Your Buttocks; Bountiful, Round, Shapely, Firm, and High,
    Compact, yet, Full, just pleasing to the eye,
    Aesthetically Appealing, in Curvature and Contour,
    Voluminous, Voluptuous, yet, Daintily Demure,
    Not too over, nor understated,
    By the Hands of God, just Perfectly Created.
    Your Legs; Toned, Defined, Shapely, and Beautiful,
    Feminine and Fabulous, just Visually Pleasurable.
    Your Body, Your Built, Contoured, just Perfectly.
    The Beauty, of its Nakedness, leaves me, in Ecstasy!!!

{This is a Poem to the Beauty, of Naked Woman, Celebrating the Form and Contours of Woman Beautiful, in all her Naked Glory}

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naked Heaven!!!

So Beautiful, you are, Standing, Naked, before me,
    Enjoying, every moment, as I, take in, Your Majesty.
    Amorous Longing, Rouses, feelings, of Desire,
    As the Beauty, of you Naked, I stand there and Admire,
    Raptured, by every contour, of you,
    Captured, by your each and every hue.

Naked Goddess, Enamored, each time, you leave me.
    Your Nakedness, it Sings to me, with a Song, of Rhapsody.
    Taken, I am, by your Lovely Silhouette,
    Enchanted, by Your Body's, each and every aspect.
    All So Beautiful, Your Body, Divine,
    Exhilarated, I am, by its Nakedness, Sublime.

Naked, Heaven, you're quite the sight to see,
    Standing there, Bare, in front of me.
    In this moment, I long for, nothing more than you.
    Your Naked Heaven, I just want, to fall, into...

Robert Gardiner
    R.G.Love

Robert Gardiner
    R.G.Love

• Robert Gardiner
    14 years ago

Would love to see that poem (said with anticipation and a sly smile). Look forward to you posting it.

• Robert Gardiner
    14 years ago

A Wonderful Penn Illuminati!!! Such a Pleasure to have you post this here.