Poems

• HomoMegan
    14 years ago

I cant seem to write any more poems its like i have lost my inspiration, what should do?

• Nee
    14 years ago

To the previous post..It's not about trying new stuff or forms..it's about finding the inspiration to make her be able to write FIRST, and THEN she could try the different forms..Forms are never easy on poets, and you can't suggest it to someone who has writers block already..

Go to a place you really really love, do something new, walk alone contemplating the sunset or the streets..
    There are like zillions of inspiring views and landscapes around you.. No one can tell you what will inspire you, even you can't..until you find how amazing little things inspire us :)

Wish you the best.

• HomoMegan
    14 years ago

Thank u guys, i will try ur advice, i am sure it will help me alot =]

• Krathia
    14 years ago

Look at some inspirational artwork, listen to some new music, go outside on a cool night and look at the stars.

• Colby
    14 years ago

Take a break. Don't force yourself to right, it will never be as good as you hope. It's been two years since I had any motivation for poetry, but the last few weeks I finally got some good ones out again. I'm sure this motivation will be gone sometime, and it'll be another two years before I feel like writing poetry.

• A Former Outcast
    14 years ago

Put it down. Take a break. Go for a walk. Go look at a sunset. A thunderstorm. A summer day. Fireworks. Something beautiful.

Listen to your favorite band. Try something new.

Listen to classical music. Something you'd normally not listen to.

Go online and read people's stories. The good and the bad.

All of these are pretty key ways to get some good ideas. The most important one is to never give up on poetry!

• Baby Rainbow
    14 years ago

Hey i am going through the same just now, i have just published my own poetry book and ever since doing that i have not wrote a single poem or even been able to start one. its really hard but im thinking the more i push myself and stress the more i cannot do it.

give yourself a break and tell yourself you are not going to write and then if you are in the mood for writing or have an idea try working with that once you have had time off.

what used to help me is listening to some lyrics and just play about with lyrics to make a poem. or if you cannot write a poem try making one of your poems into a song? x good luck x

• Invited
    14 years ago

Try and inapt with something that is close to your heart and freely write. Otherwise try doing something else in English like creative writing maybe that willl be easier to connect with on paper. Try that new hobby!

~Chins~

• nikki
    14 years ago

I get my ideas from music it sets my mood and then i just write i think it will help ;)
    ~nikki~