Pop up's

• Obscura
    14 years ago

I keep getting pop up's from this site i have a blocker for it but it overrides it there starting to really annoy me

can you block them?

• Boy
    14 years ago

Amanda is right.

• Captivat3d
    14 years ago

Hmm, I get like 3 pop- ups whenever I go on this site but my computer is kinda whacky :/ so I dunno...

• Hollow Emotion
    14 years ago

I get one about smilies... its kinda annoying, but i just ex is off and im fine after that

i have a pop up blocker too, and i know the smilies are viruses (ive downloaded them before... bad idea, lol) but i just ignore them

• Obscura
    14 years ago

Its got worse resaintly i have one where it takes me to a search site sometimes when i click on a poem but the pop up are a damn joke they really are annoying me

i have a McAfee secuity thing and it blocks pop ups but this site has so many it can't stop them all

• Italian Stallion
    14 years ago

What are you using to surf the web? Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc...

You can try cleaning your cache and all that. Goto control panel via the start button, then click internet options, then on the tab that says General then click the delete button, then click the delete all button and then check the check box and hit yes.

If you still are having a problem after that, then I suggest downloading ad-ware from:

http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

I'd also suggest downloading AVG from:

http://free.avg.com/

Once downloaded and put on your computer, I recommend doing a full system scan. This software will most likely find a virus in hidden locations on your computer.

These are two of the best softwares you can get for free to scan your computer.

• forevertobeart
    14 years ago

I only get a pop-up once, and it's right when I pull up the front page for the first time after turning my computer on. I do use IE, but my stepfather is a computer programmer and he kind of goes nuts on the whole computer protection thing, so I do find it a little odd that I get a pop-up, especially with the fact that it's only this site. But I'm not complaining, like someone else said, all it takes is a click of the 'X'. No problem. :)

• Italian Stallion
    14 years ago

Usually computer programers will use firefox...just an observastion I've made.

• forevertobeart
    14 years ago

Well let me clarify, I said computer programmer when in actuality he is a software programmer. I'm not sure that makes a difference in the preference of firefox or IE. However, I said that the computer I use has IE, but he has his own computer for work/school and that one has both.

• forevertobeart
    14 years ago

I was trying to discuss it with him the other day and he said that it's harder to write programs for IE, but then he started talking computer talk and I wasn't sure what he was talking about. :P

• forevertobeart
    14 years ago

Hmm, I think I might just try it. :)

• Katie Makena
    14 years ago

Yea, I get pop ups also. Ive gotten them every time I go on this site..Its only about 3 at the beginning but it doesnt happen throughout when im on here...if that makes any sense

• forevertobeart
    14 years ago

It still popped up for me when I downloaded it, but I really don't care. It's just one little pop-up. :)

• forevertobeart
    14 years ago

Would it be that I still use IE and I alternate between the two?

• cici89
    14 years ago

The only pop up i ever get is from some privacy matters thing. i just x it then im good. and i use IE. nvr really had any problems

• Obscura
    14 years ago

Cant the site somehow block the pop ups?

• forevertobeart
    14 years ago

Lol, yeah. When you move your mouse over the smiley ad it goes, "Hellloooo." and "OMG, NO WAY!!!" Lol :)

• Rocky
    14 years ago

Your problem is probably installed adware and search bars. they cause pop ups that bypass blockers arent always detected as viruses or such and can be a real nightmare to uninstall. i would advise you to install startup manager from http://startupmanager.org/
    it is completly free and will allow you to disable them from starting up with your computer. you can also disable alot of other programs from automatically stating up and causing your windows to take forever to load. some advice i would give is that depending on your computer litracy you should maybe search the file name on google first before disabling anything that doesnt say somewhere in its name (search, add, or bar ).dll but if you do make a mistake it is easy to fix if you start windows in safe mode

• silvershoes
    14 years ago

I use Safari and this is the only website I log into that has pop ups every time I log on... I'm not about to change my browser, and I don't mind deleting the pop ups every time - but, if anyone knows how to stop the pop ups from happening, that would be ace.

I don't like Firefox, I don't care what computer programmers say, Firefox can only contain so much information on one page - I've experienced it with this website when a thread reaches much more than 100 posts (in my club). Safari shows an infinite number of posts, but Firefox freaks out.

• Good Enough
    14 years ago

Ive used different computers and every time i pull this site up i get a pop up from the front page.

• forevertobeart
    14 years ago

The only reason I use Firefox now is because there's one page that IE just refuses to let me on, only Firefox will. But I can't download, install or uninstall anything, my stepfather has it so only the administrator can do that. He installs all these protection things that in reality don't do anything but make the computer slow as hell. Oh well. ^_^

• Baby Rainbow
    14 years ago

Lol glad its not just me, its the same pop up and i dont get them on any other website, only this one. its very stangre.

when im on the ipod the pop up comes up after every page unless i keep the ad open and close it at the very end... computers... cant live with them, cant live without them lol x

• Steady Stereotype
    13 years ago

I get pop-ups on the front page when I'm about to log-in and another whenever I visit the 'Love Poems' section. It's kind of vexing but I've gotten over it, more or less.
    I use both the Firefox and the Internet Explorer Browser.

• Italian Stallion
    13 years ago

If you are using Firefox, use the add-on "Adblock Plus" it will stop pop-ups and you can also manage the list of what to block.

Hope this helps!