How to I stop hurting my best friends?

• Invited
    14 years ago

How do I stop being a bully to the best friends i love and letting them slip away when that was the very opposite to what I wanted to do in the first place? I just want them all to myself and no one else to be their bf I just want to protect them but I'm only huring them. I have lost 4 best friends.

Chins~

• Elizabeth
    14 years ago

I was confused at first by your post, I didn't know what you meant by that you "bully" your friends. But from what I've noticed, as Jared has already pointed out, when you say that "I just want them all to myself and no one else to be their bf I just want to protect them but I'm only hurting them." this pretty much speaks for itself. To me, it sounds like you're rather dependent on others, are overprotective & intrusive.

That's not fair at all to your friends to only want them to or expect them to only be your friend as well as not want them to make new friendships. It's selfish & not how a true friend should treat their friends. I wouldn't doubt that you've already lost some of your friendships, you can't expect them to take that lightly or sitting down. Your friends have the right to befriend whoever they want. Besides, it's not such a bad thing that they meet other people because you could meet & make new friendships with them too.

No ones perfect; we make mistakes, but you can correct your mistakes & you can learn to break your dependency, overprotectiveness & intrusiveness. First, I think that you should lay low for a while & spend some quality time by yourself to get to know you. Then, you should definitly apologize to your friends for the way you've been acting, for how you've been treating them & explain to them why. After that, all you can do is ask for their forgiveness & wait for them to make their decision.

• She Loves Me She Loves Me Not
    14 years ago

You have to give even the best of friends some breathing space, or smothering them can repel them away and cause arguments. The best way to keep friends to yourself is understand them, then they'll realise what a great friend you really are.

• Invited
    14 years ago

Thanx I never really thought of it that way

Chins~

• meliLOVE
    14 years ago

Then stop being a bully.... u should be lucky there ur friends and leave it at that.. theres nothing wrong with ppl having more then a few friends... i dont really understand how this is a problem that anyone else can solve its up to u to solve it.. i think u need to just chill out....