bad relationships w/parents (mom especially)

• JP
    20 years ago

Of all the advice I can give, I can't find anything that I'm more experienced with than Domestic problems between parents and children.

There are a lot of parents in the world who vent their frustrations out on their children. It is very sad when I hear or see this kind of behavior, but it happens everywhere.

First thing first is to understand that your parents really DO love you (adoptive or no). The bond with a child is something you can't understand until you experience it. It is one of the best feelings in the world.

From what you describe of your mother, it sounds like she needs to really cope with some kind of stress that is bothering her on a subconscience level. You mentioned that she recently lost her own mother. The loss of a parent can be something quite devastating, and if your mom doesn't have anyone to really talk to about her feelings, then she might be harboring a great deal of emotions.

This is very bad. It makes a person say things they don't really mean, it makes you irritable, it can cause physical and emotional problems (ulcers, depression, obesity, etc.), and quite an extensive array of problems aside from that.

I would like to talk with you about this further if you would like to talk. Just send me a private message and we will talk from there.

I hope to hear from you,

-JP