Pictures

• Jad
    13 years ago

This may be random but I was wondering how many of you poets out there get inspiration or even write about a picture they have seen or one they are looking at. I think many people do this now as it makes it easier for them to write a poem now (once they have their picture) that they have an idea of what to write about and also a scenery to start with.

Any thoughts? :]

• AJ
    13 years ago

I do occasionally get inspiration from pictures, more specifically ones that I have taken. It gives me the ability to describe an image much more in depth than if I had to think of it in my mind.

• Beautiful Chaos
    13 years ago

Unless it is a contest or an exercise actually, I rarely use a picture, I tend to find music, books, people around me to be a bigger inspiration.

• Jad
    13 years ago

Thank both of you for your insight! :] I appreciate it.

• Jad
    13 years ago

Thanks Britt for your feedback! :]

• climber guy
    13 years ago

If you are trying to gain inspiration from a picture I usually find that instead of the picture, i use the one in my head.
    Ill look long and hard at it then walk away and then write of the picture as I remember it, as I feel it from afar.
    I find that when writing of a picture the best picture is how you feel and remember it as opposed to as you see it in front of you. Remembrance and longing are some powerful forces.
    If that makes any sense.

• BlueJay
    12 years ago

On one hand a picture is a wonderful inspiration because it makes it easier to put your vision of whatever or whoever into words. While on the other hand it makes it harder, because if you do not describe the meaning, just as it is to you, you may feel you have done an unsatisfactory job.

• Decayed
    12 years ago

A picture is another source of inspiration.. It's not strong as live scenes, but it does help a lot!

• Amreen
    12 years ago

Yes, pictures emote a lot...If you could feel the image, just give it a language and spread your emotions..

• The Poet Behind The Poems
    12 years ago

Inspiration is everywhere. .. Some people just dont open there eyes wide enough

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

My imagination is by far my biggest inspiration though people going through problems also inspire me

• Lofallenve
    12 years ago

For my inspiration with pictures;
    I'll edit them.
    Bit of graphic tweaking,
    Then write on it. :)

• Bree Lane
    12 years ago

I love looking at pictures and making up a story for them... i dont know if that makes me seem childish or not but i think its fun and creative..does anyone else do that??

• Maple Tree
    12 years ago

I have been known to write a piece... and then find a picture that I feel captures the words that I have written, but as to look at a picture and then write is something I have done, but prefer not too as a whole...