Ask Joe Column #14

• Italian Stallion
    13 years ago

Hello fellow members, I am starting something new called the, "Ask Joe Column" you can ask me any questions pertaining to myself, to you, advice seeking, love, friendship, etc. Ask me about almost anything at all, as long as it applies to the rules and regulations of the site.

• Italian Stallion
    13 years ago

Bob: Because I was taught by the greatest teacher of them all...you! lmao

Depending on the 'stipulations' and who the mods are, I may consider it.

• Kevin
    13 years ago

Just how self centered are you, on a scale of 1-10?

• Italian Stallion
    13 years ago

Kevin: I'm not one to judge myself on any scale, I let others do that...

• Kevin
    13 years ago

Well, on a scale of 1-10, I'd say you are a 14.

• Italian Stallion
    13 years ago

Kevin: And vise versa...

• Kevin
    13 years ago

Ok, no more busting your chops!

: )

Can you tell us about the most confusing experience you've ever had...something you don't think you'll ever be able to explain.

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Kevin: Yeah most likely when I was with a group of fellow students in High School in a club called U.S. F.I.R.S.T. Robotics...

When we were trying to design and write a program for an automatic 4-speed transmission for a robot that we designed to do certain challenges.

It was really confusing trying to discuss our ideas on how to make it work properly and make everyone understand our theories.

Definitively, to complex/confusing to explain here.

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Dave: Billy Roberts is an amazing well known writer from the time period of the 60's and 70's. He's best know for writing, "Hey Joe" which is best known by Jimi Hendrix's version.

By the way, I do believe someone previously in one of my threads asked the same question.

• Miss Lonely Teacher
    12 years ago

Do any of the questions/ people tend to...bother(annoy) you? not naming names... ^.^

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

MoonRose: It depends on the question/seriousness, but often times, no people don't annoy or bother me with their questions.

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Dave: Perhaps!

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Does anyone have anymore questions? :)

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Bob: I've been coding since I was aprox. 5 years old. I know plenty about it, but there is always room for learning. If for instance I had access, yes, I could 'revamp' this entire site.

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Anyone else have any questions?

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

Coding since 5? Our family didn't have a computer until I was about ten, maybe older. Is your familia generally technologically savvy?

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Sibs.: Yes, for the most part. My father had his own company that design and built machines for ultra-sonic welding (for welding plastics) that was until he got really sick and had to close the business down. My brother and I both built our own computers. My brother went to school for programing and web design. I just like learning and trying new things in the technology world. :)

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Anyone else have any questions? :)

• TSI25
    12 years ago

I have a 2 parter for you about the sand man, the folklore one, not the comic one.

Where did sand man come from?

Why does he give people dreams?

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

TSI25: To be honest, I haven't the slightest idea, if you know and would like to enlighten me, feel free to send me a PM.

• PnQ Mod Account
    12 years ago

I've found a couple of things about the Sandman. (I'm a fairy tale junkie, so had to take a stab at it)

The sandman is a western folkloric figure, who is responsible for sending children to sleep / giving them dreams. He seems to be represented either as a helpful, harmless fellow, or sometimes in a more sinister light. In the positive version, which you can find in Hans Christian Andersen's tale "Ole-Luk-Oie" he sneaks around in stocking feet and blows fine dust into kids eyes to make them close. This is the gunky stuff you find in your eyes when you wake up.

In the more evil version (I always thought he was more evil... maybe he's in scary movies?) he steals the eyes and dreams of bad children and uses them to feed his spawn. I guess you could say that's why he makes them dream? This more creepy Sandman is found in a story called "Die Nachtstuecke" by E.T.A. Hoffman.

I also found some info on a folklore site, that says that the Sandman is made out of the skin of dead people, and that he whispers "tic tok" to people in the dark until he lulls them to sleep, whereupon he devours them. Who knows.

Tell us if you find out more!

-Sibyllene

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

When you vision Africa, what do u see?

• Kevin
    12 years ago

You may also wish to check out Neil Gaimans version of the sandman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sandman_%28Vertigo%29

It's a brilliant version.

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Sibs: Thank you for your insight :)

Paul Gondwe: I generally think of the hot relentless desert.

Kevin: Thanks for the link ;)

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago, updated 6 years ago

Any more questions??? :)

• Italian Stallion
    6 years ago

Anyone have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try to get to them in a timely manor. :)

• mossgirl19
    6 years ago

Hey, Joe!

Who is your favorite Disney character and why?

• Italian Stallion replied to mossgirl19
    3 years ago

Wow, okay can't believe it's been two years, but I'll answer that question.

My favorite would have to be Aladdin. Why? Because he goes from being on the street to being a prince. He falls on love with the beautiful princess. I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic and that's why I like that movie and character.

• Larry Chamberlin
    2 years ago

Hey, Joe, what do you think of Ron Perlman?

• Italian Stallion replied to Larry Chamberlin
    2 years ago

Honestly, I don't know much about him, other than the fact that he is an actor and most know for his role as hellboy. Do unfortunately can't really give an opinion of what I think of the guy.