Introduce Chat

• hisxgurl
    12 years ago

I just want to suggest mods of site that it will be great if they introduce Chat rooms in here. so that we can know all the member of this site properly. i don't know about others, but i would love to make new friends in here. <3 (=

what do you say guys?

• Jad
    12 years ago

Chat rooms have been banned for some time and I doubt they will come back. The site used to have chat rooms but things got out of control so yeah. I think there is a thread somewhere talking about chat rooms and them not coming back.

• Boy
    12 years ago

Its all on mods and admins... just wait for good time friend.

• Jad
    12 years ago

^
    And there you go. Enough said.

• hisxgurl
    12 years ago

Really P&Q used to have chat rooms? i don't knew b/c im new here. JAD

hey You're ryt buddy! ALONE

Oh well i know there are some bad kinda people who abused, spam & try to make fake ids of other users! i wish chat rooms came back! BOB

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

The chat rooms have been gone since 2007 I believe. In 2009 (I think it was) Janis discussed bringing it back with me, and giving me the rights to code it; however, collectively as a mod team (when I was still a mod) we decided not to go forward with it at that time due to the amount of issues that arouse when the chat was on the site.

• Good Enough
    12 years ago

Y aren't u a mod now?!

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Due to a select few (I won't name names) and their opinions about how active I was, I at the time decided to demote myself for the betterment of the "mod team".

• Good Enough
    12 years ago

:(

• hisxgurl
    12 years ago

It means..there is no hope of returning of Chat rooms ): Joe

• Boy
    12 years ago

Obviously. there is no hope.... buddy.

• hisxgurl
    12 years ago

Tatz kinda sad news! ) : Alone

• Boy
    12 years ago

Yeh... its sad. but they know better than us... because we don't see the things as they see.. i think they know better.

• silvershoes
    12 years ago

I am open to having a chat room again, but it needs to be at the discretion of the site admin, Janis. He signed on the other day but he still hasn't contacted anyone on the mod team. He hasn't made an official appearance for several years.

• Boy
    12 years ago

Italian Stallion said. that he discussed with janis about it. when he was mod.

• hisxgurl
    12 years ago

Yeah! it is totally up to mods! Alone

Janis is not here from several years? 0.o
    if he is a mod or owner of this site, he must be active in here....so strange! so u mean returning of Chat rooms totally depend on Janis's decision?! Silver

• PnQ Mod Account
    12 years ago

I mean we don't have the authority or the ability to reintroduce the chat room without Janis' presence. He is the owner of PnQ.

When the mods discussed reintroducing the chat room several years ago, that was not only a different group discussing the possibility, but how far in the past that decision was made makes it no longer relevant.

It is true that the chat room takes 24 hours and 7 days a week of committed moderator surveillance to enforce PnQ rules... and that amount of time is at this point unrealistic.

Jane/Silver

• hisxgurl
    12 years ago

Okay!,,so here it is concluded that chat rooms are not coming back in here!

• Boy
    12 years ago

:) lol.. one day it will come.. i believe.

• hisxgurl
    12 years ago

Let's hope that day come soon!

• Britt
    12 years ago

I'm with Amanda. The chat brought much more harm than good, including spamming and child predators. Janis didn't want the chat and I dont know of a mod who wanted it either (at that time apparently). It caused so much trouble and it's impossible to moderate at all times. The PM system is now available for chatting, as well as the friendship forum - that's like a running chat forum that people use. Maybe you could try that?

• hisxgurl
    12 years ago

Liquid .... oh okay! well as a chatter of some sites, i do know there are some problems. yeah im new here, but ima regular visitor of P&Q from last 1 year. ( :

about this avatar, well this girl died b/c of cancer. i don't know much about this girl. i was just looking for some gud pics & i came across this one. think she was from Switzerland.

Britt .... yea there are some negative things about Chat rooms. i do talk thru PMs. & i will try Friendship Forum too thnx ( :

• Boy
    12 years ago

And now it will never come again i believe :)

• hisxgurl
    12 years ago

Me too think so! Alone

• LoreNz0
    12 years ago

Yeh i used to use the caht rooms way back when, and it was fun some of the time. but most of the time youd just use it to kill time, and thers so much opertunity for 'preditors' for now its for the greater good that it stays closed.

if the site expands more, with more moderators and afew tweaks it could work, but only time will tell...

i was thinking mayb a sort of msn type pm system might b good too but what we have at the moment aint bad so no need to try and fix what isnt broken.

• hisxgurl
    12 years ago

Yeah pm system is kinda OK!

• Boy
    12 years ago

I also have discuesd in past about PNQ MESSENGER. like something. but. it needs a coding and so many other things to implement. so its not possible aswell.... but i don't need chating now a days.. cuz pm is the best for conversation....

• hisxgurl
    12 years ago

Hmm yes pm is the 1 option left!

• Boy
    12 years ago

Lol... u miss chat.... then. come on... i wll pm you my email... we can talk... hehehe

• hisxgurl
    12 years ago

Hahaha m talking about here

• Decayed
    12 years ago

VIVA CHAT ROOMS!

• hippiehxc
    12 years ago

I've been a member for a long time, and I do miss the chats. The site would be a lot more active if we had them back. However, they were completely out of control. But that issue could probably be solved if there were more mods. Even mods specifically for the chats. Just something to consider.

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

There were mods 'specifically' for the chats back then...still didn't work, cause of the way the chat was coded and the amount of people that visited it.

• tears i cry
    12 years ago

If i remember correctly

itallion stallion you were a chat mod? i do think i remember your name(real) but i dont know if you want it around here.

i miss my chat friends and still have regular contact with one of them

there were to many people causing fights in chat just for the sake of it alot of poeple didnt even have poems on here, not a problem unless you were causing fights
    i think claire was a regular chat user always very friendly who didnt actually have any poems or quotes

we used to have chat family and alot of us spent all day on

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Yes, I was both a chat and site mod. And indeed, there were the regulars who chatted all the time and and became 'like' a family in a sort of way.

But like a fore mentioned, many just caused problems to cause havoc because they thought it was fun or just out right funny. Which in the end, was one of the many different reasons the chat was closed.

- Joe

• BlueJay
    12 years ago

Okay so I can see there were problems with allowing chat rooms, but there has to be a way to bring them back. But that would take a lot of people agreeing it is a good idea. Personally I think they might help people, but then again if things went wrong it wouldn't help anything or anyone. Besides without an active leader or owner of this site not only would they not be approved, but it would be hard to make sure that everything was going smoothly.

• Boy
    12 years ago

I almost forget there was a chat room in this site :(

• Britt
    12 years ago

The only way it can ever be brought back is by Janis, and he does nothing here anyway, I doubt he will bring chat back. He's the one who really wanted it gone (along with the mods at the time).

If you want to have a sort of chat, go to the friendship area. It's the same thing.

• silvershoes
    12 years ago

The main issue with the chat room is the bad things that can happen when mods aren't around to moderate. However, what if the chat room could only function when a moderator is logged in? Not that we could instill this possibility without Janis/Dainz.

Hit up the Friendship forum :)

• Boy
    12 years ago

Silvershoes. I Agreed with you..

there might be allot of issues with chat. and it would be so hard sometimes to handle. i will search few good chatting sites. and will see how they control the chat rooms. because everyone has its own criteria. we can just make the list of issues... or if someone can tell the list of issues then please explain the issues number wise.. thanks