Bulimia & Eating Disorders

• TSI25
    12 years ago

My girlfriend is having some major eating issues, one of which is bulimia, she'll have bouts of refusing to eat, then she'll binge on a couple types of things, and maybe once a week she'll induce vomiting. i know people are worse off but i care for her a lot, and shes come to me for help. im doing the best i can just being loving and supporting, but i dont really know what to do.

• Dark Secrets
    12 years ago

Show her that she is beautiful and that you like her the way she is. Don't pressure her on eating and all, but encourage her to. Take her to nice restaurants and don't mind it if she orders a salad and doesn't finish it. Remind her to have fun in life and keep her mind off her figure, don't discuss those things unless she brings them up. Help her discriminate between being thin and being fit and healthy, and try to do some of the things with her, like excersizing and eating healthy food. Taking her to a doctor would help, he would show her that being healthy is more important. Emphasize on building her confidence and showing her her inner beauty.

• hehasmyheart
    12 years ago

I also agree show her how much u care and love her but also see a doctor I went thru anorexia 11yrs I weighed 72lbs my freshman year in high school I wud look at calories and think I was gonna get fat you cud see my ribs my jawline I even had to be put to sleep cuz they wanted to know why my stomach was hurting a lot I never vomited they ruled bulimia out but the lack of food and nutrition was killing my body believe me it wasn't easy gaining weight but with the support of my family friends I gained that wait! Tell her everything will be ok she's beautiful just be by her side trust me everything will work out I know what ur going thru!

• Shellaine shelli
    12 years ago

I was bulimic for many years and no matter how skinny I got it was just never actually good enough. I just wanted to be skinnier and push myself further, it became a situation where I had no control over anything in my life and I felt that I could control my food and what went in and out and I really messed up my body so much by doing that and then i almost died from anorexia. You should really suggest to your girlfriend that she speaks to her doctor or a psychologist because people with eatng disorders never see themselves the way other people do and their self. you should look for a book called "biting the hand that starves you" after almost dying from anorexia I went to rehab for a few months last year and I bought that book- its basically stories and experiences as well as poetry by girls who have battled eating disorders and shows the mundane pain of the reality they live in and its just seriously so eye opening!!

• Rihanna
    12 years ago

I have the same issues, I mean I don't throw up or anything but I use to suffer from anorixa and I was go threw days without eating anything cos I was scared of putting on a couple of pounds. I really suffered from this really bad that I would go a whole day wit out eating. but I got help..I started seeing a doctor that helped me..and started seeing a counselor to help me get threw my issues.

I mean it's really hard and it's something really hard to get passed having an eating disorder.
    The advice I can give to you is get her some help as its really dangerous.make her see a counselor or someone she can speak to, and jus be there for her support her.

Hope that helped...:)