Site Upadate??

• Andrew
    12 years ago

Quick question when is this site going to get updated seriously its been the same for about 5 years or even more, this site has so much potential.

• hippiehxc
    12 years ago

The chats got taken down in 2007. And PMs were updated a little after that. So it hasn't been as long as you think it has, but I still see where you're coming from. Janis just doesn't make much, if any, effort regarding this site anymore. Nothing any of us can do.

• Andrew
    12 years ago

So basically this site is dead

• hippiehxc
    12 years ago

You got it.

• Decayed
    12 years ago

On the bright side, the site is better than any other poetry sharing sites, as I visited so many of them!

• Britt
    12 years ago

The site is what you make it. There are a ton of things that mods and members alike are doing to try and keep participation up, and it's been working. Janis recently came on and updated the email glitch (emails weren't going out for activation) but other than that, he has done nothing. But it does not mean this site is dead, it just means we have crappy admin.

• Larry Chamberlin
    12 years ago

Yes, the site is what you make it, and it is far from dead.

The owner is an infrequent visitor, but he is also responsive to feedback when he shows up.

With over 5500 poets who have at least one poem each, I think you will find this site to be full of potential.

• Andrew
    12 years ago

Yea guess your rite

• Andrew
    12 years ago

Okay thanks for the encouragement people on that note check this out when you get the chance its titled
    asshole poem
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QieZh0DS9FU

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Ummm, not to spoil anyone's thoughts, but Janis is actually in the process as we speak to update/add several new things to the site. When or how long it will take is beyond me, but I do know for a fact, it is being worked on.

• Andrew
    12 years ago

Oh thats good to know in fact i'm willing to donate some money to help this site they should do a fund raiser or something (I have so much ideas!!)

• silvershoes
    12 years ago

Joe, that's excellent, how did you find this out?

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Per Dainz words, Janis is working on updating stuff as we speak.

I have all of Janis' and Dainz contact information, well at least a large majority of it.

• Liquid Grace
    12 years ago

"So basically this site is dead"
    So basically your definition of a site is one that has updates?

I would hardly think a site with participating members and pretty active forums, would be considered 'dead'. The site is what you make it plain and simple.

I also fail to see how it's dead when the primary functions still work. You can post poems can you not? Last time I checked that's what this site was for.

----

Joe that's great news though. If anything that the admin have started to care for the site.

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

Yay for updates! Joe, did they actually contact you? On one hand that's great. On the other hand it's a bit frustrating because people have been trying ton contact them for years, to no avail. Is this a recent communication?

• silvershoes
    12 years ago

That's great if he's working on things! Joe, can you share their contact information with the mods? I think it is important that we are able to contact Janis especially.

• Britt
    12 years ago

I'm disappointed that they wouldn't contact a mod, especially after them trying for such a long time. Hopefully we get some good updates, including privacy.

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Yes Sibs, Dainz contacted me (pretty recently). He was replying to my message I sent him a while back (when I was still a mod).

Jane, sure, let me gather all the info I have and I'll send it to you guys.

Britt. like I just a fore mentioned, he (Dainz) replied to a message I sent him some time ago when I was still a mod. To my knowledge the current mods don't have all of their contact info, hence one of the reasons they can't get in contact with them. Again, that's most likely why Jane is asking for me to share their contact info with the mods.

• Britt
    12 years ago

Yeah got it, I'm not stupid. However there is a thing called pnq that they can sign into anytime and discuss with the mods.. all of them at once. The leadership sucks at communicating, even when they communicate.

Leadership meaning admin, not mods.

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Oh of course, I concur Britt.

• silvershoes
    12 years ago

Thanks Joe! Send what you have to the mod Gmail account if you would be so kind.

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Sending you guys the info I have right now ;)

• Andrew
    12 years ago

*___*

• Andrew
    12 years ago

Calm down i was stressing how its not as active as it use to be

• Britt
    12 years ago

Eyy mods, any luck talking with admin?

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Highly doubt that Britt.

Janis and Dainz, aren't very sociable, and when they do come around, they still don't chat much, just the occasional yup we're working on that. blah blah blah, you know what I mean.

• Britt
    12 years ago

Yeah I know, I tried getting a hold of them for two years straight. Doesn't mean they didn't contact the mods at all.

Mods?

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

Nothing yet. We're planning a full-scale communication attack.

• Amreen
    12 years ago

Well I think this site isn't dead and when I visited this site, it seemed to be friendly and has ease of access which usually other poetry sites don't possess