Friendship or love?

• anjielblue
    12 years ago

Your best friend is also the one you love...what would you prefer friendship or love?would you sacrifice your friendship and turn it into lover? or, must have to sacrifice your love and remain as friends?

• Dark Secrets
    12 years ago

It depends on the situations and the people in it. It depends on how close you are to the people in the situation, their relationship before and after and what's best and more comfortable.

• anjielblue
    12 years ago

Maybe, but in my situation before i did chose being friends because friendships last.not like when you turn it into lover there's just a possibilities that it won't work and it would be hard for them to be friends again.am i right?

• Dark Secrets
    12 years ago

Hmmm, I don't know really, but not all friendships last. All kinds of love are supposed to be forever, but rules are broken... you can't even guarantee a mothers love, so I don't think friendships last. As for your particular situation, I would have to know the details to answer you. For me I wouldn't change the nature of any love relationship unless I felt it was a good change, weighing pro's and con's. I also know (not from my experience, but from others) that it is really hard to be friends with someone you were romantically involved with, unless you were real close friends before you were lovers. It usually doesn't work out, because there are always thoughts of jealously, difference between the new lover and you, feelings that you aren't good enough and if the new person knows you were in a relationship it becomes even more complicated. So, again... it depends.

• Decayed
    12 years ago

I think best friends aren't meant to be your love..

Friendship is tighter than a love relation, my opinion.

Imagine if you break up on ur lover! Would u still be best friends as b4?

• anjielblue
    12 years ago

Dark secrets- yeah honestly it really hard for me to be friends with him,...we're close before and put our relationship as is... not a friend and not even a lover but since he officially said that we're best friend i really got hurt, but since then he already said it that is why i accept the fact that we really are friends, only. yet i still keep it and treat him as friend though 'twas really not what i want...
    after how many months, imagine he suddenly tell me that he will become father soon, i really get mad at him.he just didn't know how much i got hurt for the second time, but as friend i mean as his best friend i still try to be happy for him...after all i tried to be okay to get over him...

suddenly he texted me a forward message and it says that "did you ever love me even more than just your friend?" i reply him 'yes' and ask him back the same Question.and he said yes i'd love you before but i didn't pursue it because i was afraid of rejection...

the 3rd time around i got hurt even more than before...but i accepted it all, maybe we might not meant to be lovers...despite we're still friends i mean Best Friends and shares a lot of things in our life...

phoenix- definitely... i agree...

• Liquid Grace
    12 years ago

Life is full of paths. Paths less taken and worn ones. Neither path is right or wrong one's just easier to take over the other.

If you've shown your heart to him and let him know your feelings that's a great accomplishment. Getting up the nerve to be honest with not only yourself but him is a huge accomplishment. Even if the outcome isn't ideal you were honest.

Being best friends isn't wrong nor would it have been wrong if you pursued a relationship. I have seen MANY bestfriends turn into lovers and later get married. Really, think about it the person you marry is your bestfriend, they know everything about you. While when I started dating my husband he wasn't my best friend at the time rather a friend he is now my everything, this includes best friend. He knows things about me even my best girlfriends don't. I have really never seen stronger bonds then those who were friends first. I've also never seen such horrible break ups for those who happen to not make it. THere's much more that you're loosing then just a lover. You end up loosing your best friend. That's two losses in one blow. THe very eprson you'd seek to confide in when you break up with someone isn't there.

Again neither 'path' is wrong it's just what you choose to do. Know that either path has it's draw backs and pleasantries. Just have to weigh the options. Personally it seems like you're torturing yourself being 'best friends'. To which I have to say is that healthy? Is that a healthy relationship? I think it's ok to be selfless, it's admirable. But not at the expense of your own happiness. And I sense sorrow when you speak about how you're just friends and the turmoil you seem to be in over it.

• anjielblue
    12 years ago

Will i just can't deny the fact that i still get hurt by being just friends to him, but i tried my very best to get over him without breaking our relationship as best friends.

i actually can now live a day or even a single week without communicating him much.not like before we almost talk everyday or even time to time just to check each other if we're ok etc.,

can't also deny that i missed those times that we talked, the laughter, and tears i cried and shared to him...but anyway we might just happened only to be friends...

i am currently in relationship now which an LDR,...and my best friends is i think happy now with his wife to be, i mean can i call it an accidentally his wife to be???,it's because the girl just got pregnant just because they've just got drunk when some thing is happening to them...

actually i am invited to their wedding this coming december...i don't even know if i have to come or just give him a call and congratulate him?????

• Liquid Grace
    12 years ago

"i mean can i call it an accidentally his wife to be???,it's because the girl just got pregnant just because they've just got drunk when some thing is happening to them."

That's not for you to judge. If their getting married be happy for them, not spiteful. If you're truly his friend you'll go to his wedding, without batting an eyelash.

If you don't go it means 1 of 2 things.

1. you aren't friends any more or very distant. Which is perfectly fine.
    or
    2. You guys are still friends but your choosing to make his wedding day about you not him. A wedding is about the two people getting married, their happiness and having people they care for witness the event. If you cared for him and he is your friend you'll go, if you don't go and you are friends with him it's making it about you and how you feel, and that is borderline selfish.

I know it will suck to see him get married but again who he marries and why isn't up for you to judge. Life is full of opportunities, you can let them pass you by or take them by the horns. You chose a path but every path has it's draw backs, those draw backs you have to learn to live with. This includes how it hurts you to see him. Being hurt this way is a byproduct of living life in regret. But you have to see that all things happen for a reason. There's someone out there for you, be it the guy you're dating now or someone else.

You can't see the future and you don't know if this is the best decision for him to make. But it's his to make and with the mother of his unborn child. For that childs sake I hope they have a wonderful marraige and one that lasts till the day they die.

• anjielblue
    12 years ago

You're right i'll come to his wedding...and i guess no matter what i'll do it won't change the situation...

have to let go of him and stay as friends but i really can't promise that it'l be same as usual...

i just hope their happiness and everlasting love....

• Liquid Grace
    12 years ago

That's really good of you to do hun.

"have to let go of him and stay as friends but i really can't promise that it'l be same as usual..." I think you're right and also of course things won't be the same. But know that that is ok. Relationships are ever changing. Be it with your lover or best friend. I could be wrong but I can see you start to pull away from him. NOT in a negative way but in a 'release' sort of sense. Like there will come a point where you will feel nothing but happiness for him, and you'll be able to move on from this. It takes time so ensure to cut yourself some slack.

You'll find what you're looking for I promise :)

• anjielblue
    12 years ago

Yah right,... i will be fine soon... life must go on...
    thanxz anyway it's really a good release sharing you whats inside of me...^_^'

• Ms Happiness
    12 years ago

I agree with Lebanese Pheonix, I think friendship is tighter than love, friendship is better:)

• anjielblue
    12 years ago

You're right, nwaz we're still friends now...but rarely texting and calls now, nt necessarily...

• Kips2.0
    12 years ago

I don't know when this was posted and I don't really know how much information had been given and how much had been taken. I would only like to share my view in a very simple way.

You cannot fall in love with someone who is not your friend. You cannot just see someone the first time, and bam! you both become lovers. The physical attraction is there to make you want to know more about the other person and while you both are getting to know more about each other, friendship is building up. From there anything can happen.

Now would you want to continue as friends or sacrifice the friendship for being lovers was the question.

I would say there is no better sacrifice than that which is made for the sake of love. This is really not a sacrifice, it's just an extension of the friendship to an advanced level.

Therefore, in conclusion I would say the best person to fall in love with is your best friend, and by that I mean the male/female best friends.

• anjielblue
    12 years ago

There is no more chances for us to be a lover because he's soon to be a dad and a husband...that is why i let go of my love and stay as his friend...
    anyway i've already move on...

• Kips2.0
    12 years ago

O I C...goodluck!!

• anjielblue
    12 years ago

^ tnxz...

• imani nelson
    12 years ago

I think being friends and in love might strenghten the relationship

• anjielblue
    12 years ago

^ hope so but it was not...we're still ended just as friends...

• Blackstar
    12 years ago

Depends on how close you are with them I think.

Well for me would choose love since don't really have friends, one of the best friends just left for a reaally stupid reason.
    But hey, sometimes friends aren't what you think they are.

• anjielblue
    12 years ago

^ I AGREE.....

• anjielblue
    12 years ago

Finally my bestfriend got married a month after his wife delivered their baby boy... and i am now totally over him, i can now say "i never regret i choose to still be your bestfriends" 'til now... and am one of their baby's godmother soon,am much happy for them...