Edit comments

• Tara Kay
    12 years ago

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but...

I suggest we should be able to edit our comments made on other poems, I often copy and paste, and find that strange characters appear once posted,
    like when submit a poem, it can be edited, could we not be able to edit comments this way.

• Decayed
    12 years ago

^ YES! Tara has a point..

• PnQ Mod Account
    12 years ago

I can't remember where this stands right now... it MAY be on "The List," but I'd have to double check.

If it's not, it may be that the ability to edit comments would confuse things for moderation purposes. But if anything, it would be nice if you could edit comments within, say, an hour timeframe or something.

• Good Enough
    12 years ago

Why would you copy and paste a comment on someones work?

• Britt
    12 years ago

Some people have a time-out issue with the site, so I think people write their comments out in word or notepad, something similar, then copy/paste over to PnQ.

• Larry Chamberlin
    12 years ago

This was the first thing I added to the list when I was asked to be one of the moderators.

As a preventative measure: when you use a word processor for poems or comments or any posts at all, always do the spell check!
    "Save as" [usually the "F3" key] an ASCII DOS document, then reopen the txt document you just saved. This has now been converted so that no strange characters will show up. You will have to get rid of hard returns at the end of each line of a paragraph.

• Elizabeth
    12 years ago

I like the idea of being able to edit your own comments. I can't think of any examples of poems I've commented on, I haven't done much of that, but I know in threads I often think of something to add to my previously made post I forgot or just thought of, or something I'd like to word better without double posting. But as said above, perhaps a one hour timeframe to make the edit or something along those lines.