Confused? By guys. What was your experience?

• Ashley87
    12 years ago

Okay so I would like to know what situations, you have been in we're a guy confuses you, mixed signals or anything like that. And I would also like to know the steps u took to get over a guy. Did u keep thinking bout him? He kept showing up? What?
    I've had my own experience with a guy..... He said he loved me and I loved him. Then I lost my phone and when I finally called him, his number was not in service. Haven't talked to him since before I lost my phone(Sept.3.2011) what's worse is that he is my friends cousin.... Also, what should I do? Any advice?

-Sent from iPad-

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

Honestly, I can't stand guys who play mind games. In my experience when a guy goes back & forth, he doesn't really care about you. Hes just keeping you until the next best thing comes along. If a guy TRULY cared about you he would never for a split second make you feel as if you're not important.

With my first love. He kept going back and forth with me. It hurt me so bad, it made me furious I gave him an ultimatum " Either be with me and don't change your mind or were done and I'm leaving(i moved to a different state to be with him)" We were together till he did it again so I left. I kept thinking about him all the time, just what happens when you truly care/love someone. But you have to at one point or another realize he isn't worth it. That if he really wanted you he would have never risked losing you in the first place you know?

How I got over my first love was i cut him from my life. I deleted his number, Blocked him, Blocked him on facebook, Threw away everything I had of his,sweaters, pictures, etc...

You got to keep yourself busy, if he calls or texts you DONT reply; I made that mistake and it just hurts you more. Find a new guy, even if its just a friend, & hang with him. Maybe you will start liking him. My ex got me over my first love. Time really does help. So its a good thing ya'll haven't talked bcuz it makes it that much harder.

I say if he hasn't tried to contact you he isn't worth it & he obviously doesn't care. Move on, find someone who knows what he has and won't play with you. If a guy really loves you; He won't go months without talking to you. Nobody who cares would do that. I say move on, forget him. Yeah I get you love him & its hard, BUT you have to think and ask yourself if you were really important wouldn't he be trying for you & not be out of your life?

• FallenAngel
    12 years ago

I am the same. I fell in love with a woman i thought would be with me forever - i proposed to her and she said yes, and we were happy for 3 years. We had our ups and downs, but we worked through them, as every couple does.

then at the end of 3 years, she leaves me, and takes everything, including my heart - i ended up finding that and getting it back after she'd metaphorically ripped it to shreds.

How did I avoid overdosing or hanging myself?

Friends and family.

• Dark Secrets
    12 years ago

I used to believe that some acts mean that a guy is sending signals, but now I don't read guys that way anymore. I've learned that guys rarely send signals, they show you very explicitly when they have feelings for you, or want you to pay attention to them.

I've had a guy (family friend), who was my first crush. I used to think he sent signals because he sometimes avoided me, didn't ever call me by my name, verbally showed that he cared about me, and sometimes he wouldn't do things until I done the same thing with him (like he wouldn't play playstation against anyone but me)... I thought he liked me, and "signaled him back". He didn't get it I guess, because a few weeks later I found out he was in a serious relationship with my cousin.

After that I realised that the signals were not signals, they were just him being nice, because he felt like I was sad or something. In my following relationships I changed; I became more direct in expressing my thoughts and feelings about someone, and I waited until they expressed themselves more clearly.

For me, the only way to get over a guy you crush on is to tell him and find out whether or not he likes you back, try to get his attention and then see if he feels the same. It stops you from thinking "what if" and once you know it, you stop obsessing over it.