Help desk ticket idea

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

So I've been thinking, and thought it would be good if Janis fixed the emails for mods (yes there is an email system, but it doesn't work).

And then Janis can implement it so that there is a help desk section (or just under the contact us section) that you can submit issues and/or ask for help.

Your issue/question then gets submitted into a ticketing system, were a mod or admin can help resolve your issue or answer your question (much like how companies do it).

By doing this, it enables the mods to look back on issues and see how they were resolved.

• Lioness
    12 years ago

I think that sounds like a great idea. At least then if there are any problems that come up that may have before it will be easier to resolve them.

I was thinking as well. I signed up for the weekly newsletter but thus have not received anything so far. I did not know it was not working.

I think it would be great if that was fixed as well.

Maybe - you can get an e-mail notification whenever someone leaves a comment or pm with you. That would be handy!

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

Joe, do you mean an email system outside of PnQ? For the last few months we've been using our pnqmods@gmail.com address.

I agree that there needs to be a better way of organizing communications. We've been pushing for a search function for PM. Even if we could organize them by recipient, that would be way helpful. Janis seems to think it would overwhelm the new server, though. We'll see.

"I was thinking as well. I signed up for the weekly newsletter but thus have not received anything so far. I did not know it was not working."

Yes, that's been out of commission for a long while. I believe it's on the To-Do list.

• Lioness
    12 years ago

Oh that's great!

It's awesome that this site is improving a little each day

x

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Sibs, no not an outside email system. I know you guys have been using that account. A long time ago Janis gave us email accounts for the site (but it isn't working properly right now).

For example, my email for the site was...

Joe@poems-and-quotes.com

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

I also think it would be helpful if complaints in the mod tools didn't automatically disappear after they're dealt with. It would be nice to be able to look up how we resolved different issues (especially more complex ones... it would be nice to look back on a precedent). I put that in the big To-Do list for Janis ages ago, but I don't think he considers it one of the more pressing issues. I guess it's more of a "one day it would be nice if..."