Assumptions

• Angel
    12 years ago

I'm so tired of my parents assuming everythingg in my life. they dont know what i'm going through and i get in trouble constantly cause they refuse to ask my side of the story. im sick of it. when they ask me whats wrong what the fuck do they want me say? no i'm not fine theres so much bullshit going on in my life. i'm not the girl they want me to be. my mom just told me flat out she doesnt like the girl i am now. well i'm sorry for having feelings and friends. did they ever think that they are part of the reason i started cutting in the first place? i may relapse tonight cause i cant take any more of this. my life is so fucked up right now

• Darien
    12 years ago

Chin up Angel.

There are a lot of parents out there that don't know how to handle situations within their family. Not many of them go through a parenting course, and even courses like that would never prepare them in supporting a family. They learn from experience.

The fact that you are cutting is probably a concern to them, and unless they are psychologists, they probably wouldn't know how to approach the situation.

Your parents were young once, so thinking that they don't know what you're going through is a bit naive.
    As you assume your parents don't know you, how well do you know your parents, and how well do you know their past?

If you ever need motivation, just hop onto youtube and find inspirational videos. You can even come on here and read some of the influential poetry. It is a better choice than cutting.

Hopefully things will get better.

• Angel
    12 years ago

Thanks darien i quit cutting about 2 months ago
    myparents didnt grow up te way i am i dont have a good relationship with them. my mom found out i was cutting when i first stopped but a few weeks later i relapsed and the only people that know are my friends who seem to be more family than the one i have at home. by little sisterpicks on me all the time and i feel likei'm seen and never heard

• Darien
    12 years ago

Friends will always 'seem' like family because you can choose your friends. Sometimes when it really matters, your family will come through for you when your friends will turn their back.

It's like they say, 'blood is thicker than water'. Although, it is good to have friends as a social distraction. You may not want to rely on them heavily.

Actions are louder than words. So if you are seen and not heard, then make sure you are making the right choices and choosing the right actions.

• Angel
    12 years ago

That makes sense i'm just scared of changing again. the last time i did i really disapointed my parents...

• Celtic Warrior
    12 years ago

Hey darien, long time no see.

And angel i understand the trouble you are going through. i hope things get better for you and know that i am always around to chat.