Scared to get close...

• XxLastHopexX
    12 years ago

There's this guy who I have recently spent a lot of time with because of school and such. I really like him, and I was sure he liked me. Things have been great, until I kissed him and he kissed back. Well I suppose they still are great because he likes me too. But like always, I get this fear; a fear to get too close; a fear that he'll be scared away by my past and the scars that remain; scared that I'll lose him when things have barely begun. I know better by now not to show this fear, and I know it's a silly feeling, but the feeling come every time I start to get close to anyone.

Anyone else ever get this feeling? Any suggestions?

• Celtic Warrior
    12 years ago

That my dear, is the feeling of passion. I got this feeling when I met Ashley, my now soon to be bride. This usually comes along when theres been past issues with relationships. Doubt can be overcome through time and patience. If you need someone to turn to for advice or help or just for support, then send me a pm and I will do what I can.

• XxLastHopexX
    12 years ago

Thanks for the support!

• Dark Secrets
    12 years ago

It's hard to get close when you've been hurt by those who have been close to you. The thing is, people are different, there's the good and the bad, and people who are just lost in between. Dealing with people is like gambling, especially when it comes to love. You never know what will work and what won't and who will hurt you, and who will make your day, everyday. There is no way to be 100% sure about any relationship. You have to be careful when choosing someone, and know them well enough to be with them. When you know things about someone and talk to them, like this guy, you have that part covered. The next thing to do is take it slow, and share your insecurities with him, even if it's in a very simple way, or later on in the relationship.

• XxLastHopexX
    12 years ago

I try, as hard as it can be sometimes, to live as if I have never been hurt. This guy is not the typical prince charming. He's really skinny and really smart to the point of being a little weird. But he is so nice, and has a huge heart. I don't make many friends, so I guess losing the few I have hits me really hard. I don't want to lose him as a friend or otherwise. We've only really starting hanging out for a couple months now, but I'm not one to wait and wonder what could be. I've seen too many people die and too many people wait too long. I plan to take things slow, but at this point I can't pretend that I don't like him. I also can't pretend for too much longer that that doesn't scare me.

• Angel
    12 years ago

I know what your going through. i've been so scared about my best firend finding out that i liked him. well it took him leaving the school i go to for us to realize how much we like eachother. i say take the risk. I was scared he'd be scared off because of my past and my scars but he wasnt. he helpede me stop cutting and he's helped me become a better person. if you ever need someone to talk to abot this please message me i'd like to help in any way i can :)

• Xionide
    12 years ago

If you don't get close then you wont fall, if you don't fall you'll never know how to get up after you've gone crashing down. experience is life, life is a lesson, the lesson is one we all must learn. its just a matter of when.

• XxLastHopexX
    12 years ago

Thanks guys! Things are going good so far. I'm taking it nice and slow. I feel scared, but I also know I'm extraordinarily happy. So we shall see.