The "indefinite hiatus"

• !*!Zoe!*!
    19 years ago

I was just wondering what everyone thought about the breakup of Blink 182.
    Note: I did not create this board for people to say how much they love or hate them...it's about the breakup.

xoxZoexox

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Hmmm Nooo or Yayyyy..

How about: *shrugs* what difference does it make? It's not like they're up there with Metallica or New Order, Frank Sinatra or Ella fitzgerald. Just another boyband with guitars that has fallen by the wayside.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Everyone makes a mistake or two... they can be forgiven for one mistake since 1980.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

By influence a generation you mean make depression popular (I miss you) or lighten every one up (all their earlier stuff)?

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

And I rather enjoy St Anger even if no one else does, which makes it worthwile too.

• Ali
    19 years ago

i think depression is stupid but lets not go there...

Influence a generation? No i really dont think they did any of that. I was (and still am) more influenced by people like Ray Charles or Bill Cosby *wheter or not he actually sexually assulted the two women* and Elvis. In fact I think I (and I can speak for all my friends as well) was more influenced by Jessica Simpson or Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera. Guns and Roses, for God's sake was more influential then 182 anyday...

So, I think I'm going to say it doesnt matter much.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

*shudders* G'n'R... I need to start the ritual cleaning process again...

Elvis Costello too... though that is more of a Brit thing.

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Hmm I think its sad but these things happen I guess. Im not the biggest fan so I dont know too much details but I think sometimes groups need to seperate to discover the artists they are as individuals. Hopefully they will get back together down the track after discovering these new individual talents and apply them to the band that got them to where they are initally :o)

Just my thoughts

=Eirisa=

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

There were girls crying at my school that day... and the next day they were fashioning blink shirts and "blinks not dead" signs... I think that they did influenced some teens.

But personally, I liked the guys, though not too fussed with the break up. Who knows what the future holds, and soon they will just be another band that was big for a while.

• miss scooby
    19 years ago

Well, I never really listened to their music. I have heard it they do have their own sense of style to say the least. Yeah, I will agree depression lingered in a lot of their music but i respect that band because they adressed the issue in interveiws, through there music, and at a certain point through themselves They did not disreguard the fact that depression is all over the place, they took it and used that particular feeling in a particular song. There band influenced a lot of teens but all good things must come to an end right? I mean, i kinda sucks to hear about how a band breaks up but just think for every band that hits the ground a brand new one arises.
    just my thoughts
    take care
    Scooby

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Come on... it's not like they're the Beatles.

• Ali
    19 years ago

Damn straight they arent, even though my cousin goes (hey jude begins to play) "Oh I love the beatles!" (two minutes later they announce Paul McCartney) "Who is this guy? what does he sing?" I about shot her.

Oh and I know who Elvis Costello is... I was only named after his one song "ALLLLLIS OOOONNN.... my aim is true"

• katie!
    19 years ago

OMG they broke up, Ive been away for ages and I didnt no, agh

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Indefinite as in eternal or undetermined?

• !*!Zoe!*!
    19 years ago

Some people are saying that it was/is a publicity stunt...do you think so?

xoxZoexox

• !*!Zoe!*!
    19 years ago

Yeah maybe. I just found out that they will get bcak together once they have gotten their creativ e juices flowing again....

xoxZoexox

• Emma
    19 years ago

It is a shame because they are a great band but there are reasons for everything and maybe it was for the best. Love Emma xxx