That Friend You Fall For

• Kate
    11 years ago

The last two guys I loved happened to be my friends as well. They didnt turn out too well but I think it is happening again.

I have a HUGE crush on a really close friend of mine. I've known him for about 9 months and have liked him from the beginning. He is soooooo sweet and sensative and a ginger!! I love gingers... anyway, he has everything I am looking for in a guy. The only problem is that his past two girlfriends had been cheating on him. He just got out of the second relationship and I dont know how to comfort him. I want him to know I care and I think he cares for me too.... I dont know, it's confusing.

WHAT DO I DO????

• sibyllene
    11 years ago

I thought you were in a long distance relationship with an older guy?

In this case, just be there for him as a friend. Strictly a friend. Wait until he's gotten himself sorted out from this situation before you make a move.

• Kate
    11 years ago

The long distance thing is beyond complicated.... I dont even know whar it is anymore...

If I do make a move, I risk losing a friend of mine.... ahhh! Maybe I should just leave guys alone

• believeinlove87
    11 years ago

I agree with sibyllene.

If you're already in a relationship; it being long distance or not. You never try and make a move on someone else. I'm in a long distance relationship too & they suck. Its the hardest thing.

When someone just gets out of a relationship, I wouldn't try and talk to him. Give him time to get over her. Anything he has with in months of breaking up will just be a rebound and I doubt you want that to happen. You can let him know you're there. But just be his friend for right now. and when you're single and hes over that girl then maybe try

• Kate
    11 years ago

You both have a point...

It's not just that I want to be with him, cuz I know it wont happen, but Iwant to make him feel better... she really hurt him and I just want to cheer him up

• Katlette
    11 years ago

Katelyn,
    I'm in a similar situation I think... I'm in a realtionship nd I love my boyfriend with all I have. We've hit a rough patch and my other guy friend who has been right there everyday to help me get through all the problems I've been though for the past few years seems to be what I want. Never going to happen because I love my man and won't leave his side over a little fighting.

But with the guy friend who just got out of a relationship, wait. There may not be anything you can really do but be there to let him talk and vent to you. Listen and give the best advice you can. My friend has been dealing with his ex cheating and leaving him for just over a month and yet nothin I do can help. all I can do is be there for him.

• Kate
    11 years ago

But it hurts to see him in so much pain... I'm a caring person in general so it's hard

• Katlette
    11 years ago

I completely understand that hun, but trust me, if you do or say anything too soon, it can make the friendship that much harder or complicating.

• Kate
    11 years ago

Yeah I get it.. thanks

• Katlette
    11 years ago

Anytime:)

• Kate
    11 years ago

:) Thanks everyone!

• Scarlet Letter
    11 years ago

AH!!!!! my best friend is a guy named Aydin but he's dating a girl named presleigh. shes gorgeous and sweet and wonderful....but Aydin dosent truly love her he loves a girl named Jules and shes one of his best friends and his whole world revovles around her. he dosent hang out with me anymore its like he pushed me away to make room for her. i told him i was done with him ignoring me and we had a fight. but now we made up i told him i thought he hated me and thats why i hated him but thats not the whole story if i told him what jules does to him behimd his back he woiuldnt beleive me he would say yeah right then he would hate me more. we made up and were talking but its not the same i want to hang out with him normaly like just us i want him to fall in love with me i want him to love me like Will loves Ronnie(read the last song you'll get it) he still loves jules though. Jules is one of my best friends but i hate her its not like i want to but i do. I LOVE AYDIN. BUT HE DOSENT LIKE ME ITS SO DEPRESSING HOW HE IGNORES ME AND HOW HIS WHOLE WORLD REVO;LES AROUND JULES. I MEAN I'VE KNOWN HIM MY WHOLE LIFE SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!! BUT HE HAD TPO FALL IN LOVE WITH THE GIRL HE'S FREAKING KNOWN FOR 3 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE HIM BUT I LOVE HIM. ITS LIKE IN EVERY FAIRYTALE THE GUY FALLS IN LOVE WITH HIS BEST FRIEND BUT NEVER ONCE HAS THE GUY FALLEN IN LOVE WITH HIS BEST FRIEND'S, BEST FRIEND!!!!!!! IM NEVER GOING TO FIND LOVE SO DEPRESSED)=