Did I do the right thing?

• deadwolf
    11 years ago

Well this girl and I liked each other but nothing ever happened between us and she told me she has moved on but still wants to be friends. So I told her I wasn't over it and I didn't want to just friends. I ended up saying I didn't want to talk to her anymore so I could forget about her.

Did I do the right thing?

• Xionide
    11 years ago

This is a tricky situation, and you've shot yourself in the foot! weather your there or your not if your heart is true in how it feels it won't go away, now you have to ask yourself, knowing that, would you rather see her everyday, or would you rather feel how you feel without her around.

• deadwolf
    11 years ago

Well its a matter that I'm going off to college. should i still keep talking to her knowing that all we could be is friends. Or should I let myself drift away. she has told me she loves the friendship but I'm not satisfied with that.

• Xionide
    11 years ago

Theres 7 billion people on this planet. if she doesnt want what you have to offer, smile and move on, knowing you told her. if she regrets it later that'll be her fault.

• Hannah Lizette
    11 years ago

I think you did do the right thing, because if you never would have told her your feelings you would always be thinking "what if?" ... and that is miserable! the unknown is worse, in my opinion. but my advice is to move on... she doesn't have the same type of feelings for you.... it hurts, but you are young and are going off to college. you will be meeting all kinds of new people. if she decides that she misses you and has feelings for you, she will contact you and let you know... if it's too late, then that was her mess up. good luck!

• deadwolf
    11 years ago

I just don't want to hurt her no matter how much she has hurt me. I try to tell myself that this is what is best but the fact that she has hurt me doesn't give me the right to hurt her if I can stop myself. I know this may not make any sense but I think she is worth feeling this way.

• Hannah Lizette
    11 years ago

Well, apologize for being hostile... but also let her know that she has hurt your feelings. I'm not sure if the friendship can mend, but it might... worth a shot, I suppose. Just don't let her use you as a doormat... just sayin'.

• Kate
    11 years ago

I dont think that what you did was really fair. The girl liked you and you liked her in the past and she realized that nothing more than a friendship could be possible between you at the time and a lot of guys would be happy to have her still around. You blew it man! You're lucky she didnt just cut you off and say "no more". She was willing to give it a try even though you two did have feelings for one another and everything. You practically spit in her face and said "F you, that is never going to happen cuz I'm not willing to let you go". Dude I wouldnt be surprised if she never talked to you again cuz that was a slap in the face. I do give you credit though. You told her exactly how you felt.... you still care and then throwing away any type of relationship with her....... mmm man. Look, you need to talk to her and save this before it is too late. Sit her down and apologize for being mean like that but explain why you did and said what you said. Ok?????? In the end, you may not get exactly what you want but be happy with what you are being offered. Dont give up an amazing friendship and who knows, she might come around

• deadwolf
    11 years ago

We have talked about it since then. Now we have run into other problems. Well now I haven't seen her for a while and I have been trying to have a talk in person about this but says see can't. So now I wonder why I even bother to suffer for her if she won't even make time for me. I really just feel like giving up.

• Liquid Grace
    11 years ago

I'm going to go against the grain here. I think what you did was fine. I think one of the worst things you could do is 'be friends' we all know that's something we say in hopes that a person or two people can just go back to the way things were, ignoring the feelings.

She said she wanted to move on and with that in order for someone to move on they need space from that person. I have one ex who I was able to be 'friends' with. The other ex is my husbands best friend and since we broke up the 'friends' thing didn't work. It was just insanley awkward.

I think that honesty is the best policy and if you weren't over her and the fact that you two would be friends could cause you more harm in the end (since you weren't over her) then it could have caused a lot more problems for you, you would have been in a major depression because you'd have to hide your feelings while being around her and never truly able to move on.

It's clear that she doesn't share what you feel. And if you feel that you can't really be friends with her then I think that's being honest and in the long run will be better on your sanity.

I guess that's just my thoughts on the matter.

• ssentongo jimmie
    11 years ago

Question first how did you flee about her?

• ssentongo jimmie
    11 years ago

Then tell her what you flee it just a matter of speaking you heart out.