How did you get over your first love?

• Mask of Pain
    11 years ago

Me and my first love broke up after 2 years, about 2 months ago. I know that it's been a while since we broke up but sometimes I still cry about it. I gave him my whole heart. And he leaves. I just wanted to know how you got over your first love or and advice you have for me to get over mine.

• Jenna Bella Oldridge
    11 years ago

For me it took time. I always use to wonder how I could live without him but one day after a long period of feeling sad I realised that I had been living without him for ages and that maybe not being with him was for the best.

My advice is to live each day to the fullest or one day you will look back and think where did all the time go? why did I waste so much energy on something I couldn't change?
    After all you broke up for a reason.

Obviously its ok to hurt and feel sad when getting over someone and sometimes getting over someone isn't a one off thing sometimes getting over someone is a commitment that you have to go through everyday until you get to the point where you meet someone new and are willing to start the relationship process all over again. Hopefully next time you fall in love it will last.

Best of luck

• Hannah Lizette
    11 years ago

It just takes time... it's different for everyone. Some people can get over it faster and others can dwell on the past for months or even years. One day, you will realize that there is a reason he didn't make it to your future... that you deserve happiness. It will feel like a weight has been lifted off your chest. I'm sure he will always have a special place in your heart because he was your first love, but you will no longer be "in love" with him and it will be easier to move on. You will meet someone new and be able to enjoy it. Whatever you do though, don't compare it to that relationship... just because one guy hurt you doesn't mean the other will, too. Good luck and hope things turn out for the best for you!

• Aveena
    11 years ago

Personally, I do not think that someone can ever forget or get over their first love. BUT there will be a time when you realize that you do deserve and can find better then your first love. You'll realize that you've gone through such a long time without them, and you are in such a better posiiton now. But no one said u wont remember them every once in a while :)

• Xionide
    11 years ago

Errrm, hmm. This is where I'm unsure, The first was just a sexual thing, nothing more, what can I say she was hot.

• Mask of Pain
    11 years ago

Thanks for you"re advice. It does take time but i wish it didn"t.

• Mask of Pain
    11 years ago

So Update: I'm slowly trying to be friends with him. If i don't see him putting in effort or anything then i'm going to pull away. Time is going to heal this. And he seems alittle hurt still to. Which I know this sounds werid but i'm happy he is. I thought he was ok with us being strangers. So I just need to work on it.

• LittleMermaid
    11 years ago

It's sad to hear about your situation..I too went through that phase,not exactly as yours but i feel i can understand how you might be feeling..I loved a man with whole of my heart,but unfortunately,he belongs to different caste than mine.In our country,marriage against that rule is not preferred.Yes,we had good relations as friends but as our religion was against our relation,we both just decided to let go our emotions..We are still good friends,but i wanted him to be my man,but he can never be..which hurts me a lot..But,I have been learning slowly to be okay with whatever i have now..I am happy that we are good friends.

what i want to say you is that,everything in life doesn't happen as we desire it to be..many a times,we wake up with the realization that whatever we wanted and whatever we did in order to achieve our aim,was just a DREAM..a horrible one or a very beautiful one...so learn to accept what comes..but yes,if there are any ways to overcome or i mean if there are still any possibilities to make it come true,as you have wished,you should definitely go for it.

i suggest,you both can be friends,if he is willing..but if he's not..just let it be.
    i wish everything will turn out good with you.
    Stay strong!!

• Scarlet Letter
    11 years ago

I'm still not over mine. Actually i'm right in the middle of it. It's depressing and happy at the same time you know what i can't explain it nevermind

• Mask of Pain
    11 years ago

NO I get what you mean scarlet letter

• Mask of Pain
    11 years ago

Update: So far i've been happy. Look forward to this school year and not being with a boy. Me and my ex talked two days ago over Facebook about our break up and things. We gave each other advice for our next relationships and talked for four hours. It was good to talk to him like that again. I missed it. He's still someone I like talking to. I have a crush on this other guy but i can't date him because it may create drama. But I can see myself happy being with him. I have"t talked to him in a month because he's at his dad"s and he's dad is a jerk. :P So it sucks. Right now I just feel alone. I want the love i had with my ex but not with him. I miss having someone to cuddle, be close to, having fun with, someone to lean on and cry, and be happy with the other. So if you have advice for the lonely part that would be great.

• Crimson
    11 years ago

I dont think i will ever get over mine he was special but i just found out he was just using me the whole time for nearly a year he used me and i just feel like a idiot for not seeing..

• bipolarbear
    11 years ago

Time heals all. Probaly some of the best words ever spoken. Good company helps too. Turn to you loved ones. Your closest friends and family will be the best medicine. They can help you through the pain of the healing process. You will never truly get over your first love. I didn't. He ripped me apart. But after some time I healed. Talking to lived ones and eventually him too helped me out. Now he's my friend not a close one but were both doing good. After some time all is well and you can find your true love.
    Just remember this if you fear you may have lit your chance at true love: if it's mean to be it will work out in the end.
    And you dear are not an idiod for not seeing the using. They are for using someone. That is a low and sick thing to do. Plus he must have felt something for you at some time, unless he has no heart for only some one with no heart can use some o e for a whole year.
    Keep your chin up! And stay smiling!

• Scarlet Letter
    11 years ago

Thanks mask of pain (= the guy i love just went to puetro rico and he wont be back until the 17 im sad i wont be able to talk to him on the phone for like 9 days im so sad )=

• Mask of Pain
    11 years ago

Update: So I have a new boyfriend now. And he is all i've wanted in a guy. He is super fun. Loves what i love. Doesn"t want me to chang. And I feel so relexed and me around him. We started dating july 7. And after we started going out we both left for camp. so i didn't get to see him for a week. that sucked. i'm just have fears from my past relationship. Like is he going to take me forgranted to. And he also lives 15 minutes away. And doesn"t go to my school. So what if we grow apart and all that. I think I'm just over thinking things. So my new question is how do you balence everything in you"re life and time for the person you love.