What do you think the most essential ingredients in friendship?

• Jhierren Paz
    11 years ago

For me, it's the understanding because once you love your friends you tend to understand them no matter what. And if you do, you'll realize that you sacrifice a lot in your friendship just to keep it alive.

How about you? Is there any other? Thanks for your answers. I appreciate it.

• Aveena
    11 years ago

Loyalty- they gotta stick by you I mean you respect them you expect the same in return no? with loyalty come honesty :) honestly its a personal decisions every person is looking for their own thing.

• Jhierren Paz
    11 years ago

Yeah, with loyalty we tend to be honest. Thanks for your time answering this question. ;)

• Poet on the Piano
    11 years ago

I'd say honesty and just be compassionate and able to understand when the person wants to talk or just wants to be listened to. It takes time and patience...

• Britt
    11 years ago

I agree with the others.

I'd also like to add that you should really be willing to be in a two-way friendship. So many people have a one way street type friendship, and take, take, take, only to not realize that they never really contribute or give much to the friendship.

• Jhierren Paz
    11 years ago

Thanks for answering this question, it was my pleasure that moderators had join answering this too. :)

Thanks for those who answered, your answers means a lot to me.

• Tsukuyomi
    11 years ago

Honesty. If a friend is honest about being a friend, they will be loyal anyways. Thats why I think Honesty should come first.

• Yrem Crish
    11 years ago

The friendship will stay longer..if there is understanding to each other...

• BlueJay
    11 years ago

Trust is a pretty important ingredient isnt it? I mean you cant be friends and talk about hardly anything if you dont trust a person.

• Khalid M Darwish
    11 years ago

I think the most important ingredient in friendship is the help at the risque times. A friend in needs is a friend in deeds. Some friend once he/she gets what he/she wants forgets you or throw you in his/her bin. These friends do not long last.

• JustAnotherPoet
    11 years ago

I would want my friends to be thoughtful as when they are more thoughtful, they will think more about their other friends. For example on my birthday I would want my friends to remember it and just wish me instead of needing me to drop them hints. Si yea, thoughtfulness it is.

• XxLastHopexX
    11 years ago

First comes honesty and then comes compromise. For me every relationship, romantic or otherwise, needs these two things.

• Formidable Muse
    11 years ago

Sugar, spice and everything nice!

Honesty is also very important, if you can't trust someone friendship would be nearly impossible.

• Jhierren Paz
    11 years ago

Thanks to all your answer, yeah true you cannot trust whose not honest with you

• AngelicDecadence
    11 years ago

I think someone who has the humility to admit when they're wrong. If you aren't able to lower yourself enough to lose an argument, or say "I'm sorry" how can I expect that person to tell me when I've done something wrong - when they can't even admit to it themselves? A relationship has to be able to forgive, friendships are about compromise and love and the ability to admit when you've made a mistake and unintentionally hurt someone.

Without that, we can't ever move past someone saying something they didn't mean.

• Janis
    11 years ago

In my opinion that would be Honesty and being able to speak out your mind even if it`s bad or admit when you are wrong. Of course there are still things like caring, worrying, comforting, cheering up and stuff, but if you aren`t honest and don`t speak out your mind, nobody will understand you and as time passes even those who likes you most won`t be able to deal with that and will either stop even trying to care about you like they did before or simply leave.

• Autuumnbree
    11 years ago

I believe that the key to a lasting friendship would be honesty. I can't stand liars so I definitely would say that honesty is what matters most to me.

• Autuumnbree
    11 years ago

I believe that the key to a lasting friendship would be honesty. I can't stand liars so I definitely would say that honesty is what matters most to me.

• Jhierren Paz
    11 years ago

Well, yeah I agree that honesty is the key in lasting friendship. We all dislike liars right? Who says no? But sometimes, we tend not to tell the truth for the sake of friendship. Right? So, I guess it's sometimes helpful for some reasons but you cannot hide it from them any longer. So, I think it's the respect for each other that can enable us to understand the differences between us & our friends. And of course the trust, because without it we tend to not paying attention at all to someone whom we don't trust as it is said by the majority, isn't it? That trust is key to all kind of relationship especially to friendship.