Jealousy problems!

• Kitty Kurse
    11 years ago

I am always really jealous when my bf is with other girls ever since he cheated on me once with a girl admitted to it and he said he was sorry and that it would never happen again... He even cried and cuz i loved him I gave him another chance.... But I am very uncomfortable with the way I look and I know that I will never be comfortable with the way I look until I lose atleast 30 pounds... I just feel so jealous all the time and its not like I dont trust him.. It makes me feel horrible.. What can i do to get over this jealousy..

• Liquid Grace
    11 years ago

Normally I'd say jealousy stems from our own insecurities. In this case I think your jealousy or better put uncomfortable way you feel when he's with girls is justified to a point.

However, how long did it take you to 1. forgive him and 2. take him back?

If you never fully addressed the issues around why he cheated and asserted yourself as not putting up with it any longer it may lead to problems down the road. Also I'm a firm believer that if you've fully accepted him back into your life and relationship then you need to leave the past in the past. Letting feelings of unfaithfulnees linger isn't good for your sanity and isn't fair for him because he has to relive his mistake instead of being able to move on and prove otherwise.

I think you need to contemplate if you are really ready to be back with him. Or if your really not ready to take him back after hurting you so bad. This type of thing can't be rushed and you need your time to sort through things.

BTW if that's you in your picture you do NOT need to loose 30 lbs. I'm a big girl and my husband loves me all the same. Men will see beauty if they truly love you for you, as my husband did. Size isn't everything, it's how confident you are in yourself and how happy you are with yourself. If you want to tone up then do it for yourself no one else. Again I don't think you need to loose any weight so I'll say if you are striving to be healthier in your life style I think that's a great thing to do. First thing you need to do sweetie is love yourself before worrying about loving another person and taking care of them etc.

The jealousy won't go away until you've had time to truly sort out how this made you feel. Until you've been truly honest with yourself and if you really want to be with him. You will have that lingering jealousy and 'what is he doing right now.' To me it seems like you don't trust him. If you don't trust him you shouldn't be with him until you do. Maybe he learned from his mistake, maybe he didn't. But one thing is certain, until you confront how you feel about this entire thing you won't ever be able to truly give your mind and heart a rest from wondering and worrying.

• Kitty Kurse
    11 years ago

Yes, that is me in the picture. BUT that was when I was very happy with my weight I have gained about 60 pounds since then.... It took me a week to forgive him and The moment I found out I went straight to him and asked him about he. He said he was just really drunk and didnt realized what he was doing until after she was giving him hickies, then he told her to get off and she then replied "why" and he told her he has a gf. He made her leave his house and he hasn't talk to her since.... BUT he was in tears and felt very bad.. I forgave him and I felt like this made us closer.. Its been about 6 months since then, and I have no reason to feel jealous with other girls except the fact that I am not happy with the way I look. I know that I never will be, but I am the person who needs the love and comfort to push myself forward to do anything because I have had a rough past, and yes I know that even though I am only 16 I have made lots of mistakes myself that I have learned from and proceeded my maturity rate... I sometimes feel amazing with my body and the next day I could feel horrible about the way I look... I just don't know how I can better the way I look either I've tried dieting exercising and NOTHING. It really pisses me off.