Thoughts on prose poetry

• Krysten
    11 years ago

I write rhyming poems as well as prospect, and on some level i feel like my prose poetry is deeper, and often portrays my powerful emotion. What's everyone elses opinion on the matter.

Side note I've got a few prose poems that I'm thinking of adding, with heavy erotic tones, from the perspective of a submissive...

• Britt
    11 years ago

I prefer prose to rhyming, usually because a rhymer with something like abcb, abab etc usually has pretty common (or terrible) rhymes.

With prose there are no restrictions, and you can just write what you feel. Some people can do that with rhyming, I personally can't.

• Krysten
    11 years ago

I feel the same way, although i write mostly in abcb format. But i think my most powerful poems are those done in prose.

• Kate
    11 years ago

Prose poems are more powerful because it gives you a little more room to be flexible and experiment. You dont have to rhyme and there is something a little more mature about prose than any other type of poem. Prose is written more like a story which I think a lot of people take more seriously than the regular format of a poem.

• Rusheena
    11 years ago

I love prose poetry. I write most prose poems when I'm lost in thought, but it doesn't affect my style. I can still be as emotional in a lyric poem as I can in a prose poem, but I prefer writing prose poems more.

• BLBrown
    11 years ago

I really like all forms of poetry. I think that there can be a level of rawness to an unstructured poem written in free prose if the writer has the talent. I don't believe prose is necessarily easier than poetry because it is unstructured, but the writer really has to bring the power, the vision, and the sensitivity to achieve something of worth.

• Nema
    11 years ago

Britt said it all for me! :)

• Darren
    11 years ago

Either

as long as your words tell your story

• Amreen
    11 years ago

I too feel prose poetry is much flexible... it makes room for emotions to flow and formed ones make room for poem to flow...