Why do you cheat?

• pixie
    11 years ago

Have any of you cheated? If you can tell me, why did you do it? Was it on someone you loved? I want to understand why someone would do this to someone they loved. Did you love them before; did you stay with them; did they ever get over it?

I know I want to...

• Blackstar
    11 years ago

Ive never cheated myself and i'm sure i wont do that either. But I cant really understand those people either, I think they do it since they arent happy in their current relationship, but then why dont they just be honest and leave them?
    I think its just something you wont be able to ever understand anyway.

• HiddenScars
    11 years ago

I have cheated and if was a really bad form of cheating. I cheated because I didn't want to break a guys heart but I told the truth right after which made it a really bad situation with me. I cheated on a guy I loved and he loved me and he even forgave me and kept saying forgive and forget. But later I broke up with him because I needed a break from all relationships. I'm never cheating again cuz i broke people's hearts and made people hate me

• Jenni Marie
    11 years ago

I cheat because my donkey told to, and he is the love of my life.

• XxLastHopexX
    11 years ago

I have never cheated. And never could. But I have thought of this question many a times before. For some people I have talked to, it more of a primal sexual desire. Some have told me the desire for variety. Some might just be because of a fear of commitment and/or relationships or from a cynical view on relationships.. I think there isn't one specific reason. It's probably different for everyone who does it. Then again, I have never cheated, so what do I know.

• Jenni
    11 years ago

I've never cheated nor experienced someone cheating on me. I believe that if it does happen it's a tough situation for both sides. Usually it's lack of communcation that is one of the main reasons that lead to those kind of actions, which does not justify it at all, but it might explain it somewhat. Other circumstances play into it too, but I do not think that it is ever the right step to do nor do I think that the offenders think that.

HiddenScar, I think it's quite concerning that you already cheated, seeing you're only 13..
    (I know it doesn't have to do with age, but I do feel that you're rather young to experience this).

• Yours Truly xO
    11 years ago

I've cheated before and I know it's bad and all that. But to be completely honest it's because I was in a bad situation. It was basically because he treated me so badly that when someone actually treated me nicely I was wooed. It might sound ridiculous to people who have never been in that situation before...but it's not. That's why they say treat your partner well. Other reasons are lack of communication, trust issues. Believe it or not most people don't cheat because of sexual reasons.

• Vanesa
    11 years ago

The first time I ever cheated, I was 16. I don't know why I did it. I was happy with the girl I was with, but something... Something was missing. When I found it in another lass, man, I jumped at the chance. It was thrilling. She's gave me everything my other girl didn't. Needless to say, I was in a fools heaven.

Soon after, one found out, the walls caved in. it wasnt until I turned 18 that I truly felt bad for what I did. Lets just say karma, she's into kosher things. Still paying off my debt.

• Tim Kline
    11 years ago

People cheat, because they are scared of what CAN happen. They are afraid that the person they "Love" will fail them. So in a sense, there isn't a REAL background of 100 percent trust there, obviously. Some people cheat, just because they are too immature, inconsiderate, and haven't grown up enough to know how to love, trust, etc. But some cheat, out of being scared. They self destruct their own relationship, over being scared to fall in love. And are afraid it will happen to them. . . It's really just a big case of immaturity. That's what it comes down to.

• Crimson
    11 years ago

I didn't cheat i just almost did too many times for it to be normal and then i told him and he stopped caring and trying and know i miss him more then anything in the world nothing good can come out of cheating it just shouldn't happen

• Stephen
    11 years ago

I've never cheated, but I've been cheated on. I believe there is multiple reasons for cheating. Although in my opinion none are justified. Some people cheat for the thrill of it, others because maybe they're being mistreated and another comes along sweeping them off their feet.. Idk, regardless I never understood it, because to me it's foolish and child-like. It's much better to end a relationship if you can get to the extent of cheating with another. You're obviously not in the right frame of mind for a relationship... OR, you're unhappy, either way end it then do what you'd like.

• Beauty In The Breaking
    11 years ago

It never is ok, there are many common reasons why it happens though.

I've been on both sides of the situation, which is rather sad. I'm aware now, being far away from the situations now, why I was cheated on each time in the past with my previous boyfriends, still hurts sometimes but I understand it.

Why I did? Because I was scared and desperately needed comfort and reassurance to make it through something in my life, comfort and reassurance that I wasn't being given at the time. Because I was scared to death and reassurance was offered to me from someone I trusted.

You cheat because something is lacking, because you're being mistreated, because you're scared and not being offered what you need, or just because you're selfish and weak. It's an empty feeling that hurts everyone more then it solves though and that's a guilt I'll carry forever even if I never come clean.

• AngelicDecadence
    11 years ago

I'm going to say this just because it hasn't been said and often times it's overlooked.

People cheat because they have the opportunity to cheat.

Rarely will you find a man who is in a committed relationship chilling in a bar staring at the tail that comes in that isn't trying to get laid. Sometimes you just set yourself up to be in the situation.

Cheating isn't ever a "in the moment" act. Regardless of what people say, they always put themselves in the situation to cheat, or they are put into the situation by someone else. Either way, they make a choice to stay in the situation where a chance to cheat is available. That choice, for whatever reasons it may be, is a selfish one made without thought of the person they're in a relationship with - and if you're in a good relationship, that situation never would have occurred.

• Formidable Muse
    11 years ago

^^ I totally agree with the post above.

Most people think they won't get caught. My best friend was cheated on, but over looked it when the man begged for forgiveness, they got engaged a while later and he got caught cheating again a few weeks before the wedding.

It's such a messed up thing. If you don't love the person your with or cheating comes to mind, just get out of the relationship! Rather then hurt someone who doesn't deserve it.

• Let It Be
    11 years ago

Im guilty i am a cheater it was because he neglected my needs and me. I still shouldnt have done it because i ruined an engagement and a good relationship. I ended up in the hospital for suicide bacause the guilt got to me. Now when people talk about it it hurts my i regret it and i wont do it again. Hang in there if something isnt right dont cheat thats the end of the story.

• xXx Eternal PainxXx
    11 years ago

I've cheated before and it was only once but to this day i don't regret it since i've been cheated on AND i have had enough emotional baggie from my bf at the time it wasn't a mistake as others would say... i never got caught i wasn't stupid like i could've been since i was in love with the person i cheated on and trust me i have paid my due so people don't think i haven't ever paid my debt to that month of bliss but i have and i don't regret it and i was a pitiful situation the bf i had was a cutter i didn't want him to die cause of my stupidity...

• A F
    11 years ago

I have cheated as a form of revenge cuz I was so mad at him.

• Marcy Lewis
    11 years ago

I did cheat on someone I loved. However (not justifying, just explaining), it was a long distance relationship. I did it because the opportunity presented itself. It didn't mean anything to me, we weren't fighting, and it was really just a stupid, inconsiderate thing. I was 16..I think. I did end up staying in that relationship without confessing to what I had done - until this person cheated on me and had a child about..maybe a year ago, it was born. Then, I confessed.

I can honestly say, I'd never do that again. Coming from the cheating side, I needed to accept my significant other as my equal, and not less than me. I felt I deserved more. Why? Because I was selfish. And cheating is a selfish act.

Find a selfless person. Not someone who only thinks about themselves.