What puts people in the mood to write?

• Kylead
    11 years ago

My self I find myself in a warm and fuzzy mood i can't write when i am bored or sad and so i write about past times when i was sad or happy or when i am happy but i am curious to really understands what gives other people the drive to write and be creative?

• Kate
    11 years ago

Well it all depends. I write whenever. My mind is constantly thinking so when it quiets enough to actually think of a poem or lines or something, I try writing it down. I write my best stuff when I am busy. Any mood.

• Ismelda Yvanna Peralta
    11 years ago

I can only write when I have an emotion that needs to be released and it hasn't had a chance to escape. It could be happy, sad, or an achieved goal and I feel proud. It all depends. I like to find new ways to get me to write again.

• Autuumnbree
    11 years ago

I write when I am boring, sad, excite, or etc so it really depends on me having a pen and paper available...lol

• Darren
    11 years ago

I write when the dam poem keeps going around in my head, I release it onto this site so the rest of you can suffer with it.

• Formidable Muse
    11 years ago

For me it varies. Some days sitting down with a hot cup of tea and looking out the window at the rain inspires me to write. Other days, I have to be doing something active to get words to come to mind, like jogging or long boarding. Doing things trigger poetic thoughts for me.

• Yrem Crish
    11 years ago

For me..I inspire to write when I am listening to music or facing in the beautiful scenery...so that the thoughts and writing poetry flow easily...

• Blood of a Lion
    11 years ago

I always pop on Gorillaz and listen to em, something about the beat makes my mind go blank and I just write.

Or sometimes I'll just be sitting there and an idea just shoots into my head and I have to write it down.

It depends.

11 years ago

Reading and thinking.

Try analyzing your life and if a personal realization comes up, it should be worth translated into a poem for others to understand, how mere words and story-telling can never amount to

• Kumar kainth
    11 years ago

When am sad then i force to write

• ddavidd
    11 years ago

Inspiration. if you write poetry when you are not inspired you are no really writing poetry!!

• La Reina De Corazones
    11 years ago

I have to be extemely happy or extemely emotional on anything on the emotional level

• Let It Be
    11 years ago

In love or depressed

• Natasha
    11 years ago

I can get inspired only by looking at this group of high-schoolers who's sitting on the grass, or kids playing hide-and-seek in the mall, etc, ETC. Just from the simplest thing that I saw aka experiencing the environment, it really helps! Like, get yourself creative and imaginative day by day.

• Robie Lincer
    11 years ago

When ever i feel depressed i write my best poetry.

• Hallucinostic
    11 years ago

A tune(in my head that needs words)

• tainted melody
    11 years ago

I think the poems i'm most proud of were written when I was experiencing something really emotional. But I also love to write when i am given a creative challenge of some kind. I will put on some music, and sit with pen in hand and see what happens

• Vic Johns
    10 years ago

If you're passionate or feel strongly about a particular subject or theme, then it's much easier and more natural to write about it and to express it in poetic terms.

That's how it is for me anyway !

• Vic Johns
    10 years ago

Cricket and/or Nature always do it for me in keeping with the above!

• Andy Rourke
    10 years ago

I always want to write while feeling anxious. Writing is a way to steady myself and to channel my obsessive thoughts.