Too much wine, and 47 text messages

• Vanesa
    11 years ago

A while ago, I started seeing this girl. She had been driving me crazy for years to go out on a date with her, so I finally gave in. That night I got super hammered and had sex with her. The next morning, I woke up and went home, obviously in a daze about the night before. I went to work, sadly forgot my phone at home. When I got home I had 47 messages from said girl.
    shw claims to have fallen in love with me. That the sex made her realize the deep feelings shes had.

Now, do you think its Possible to fall in love with someone after sex?

• Liquid Grace
    11 years ago

Was she your first? Were you her first?

You know for some people they treat sex with the 'dignity' it deserves. Sometimes when you're 'dating' someone and or love them sex is far more then just sex, it's sharing a very deep piece of them that they can NEVER get back.

I hate to be presumptuous, but it almost sounds like you were just in it for the sex. You make this girl seem like a nuisance, just in how you described how you came to be boyfriend and girlfriend. Chances are if she's been after you for years it's not unrealistic for her to love you. She just shared a piece of her that was very very IMHO sacred. So I do think it's possible to realize after a night of passion and sharing such a deep part of you could result in realizing just how much you care/love someone. It happened to me in college with my first. I only ever had sex with 2 men both of whom I dated and sex wasn't just sex, it was deeper then that.

Did you intend to have sex with her? How do you feel after having sex? Do you see it as no big deal? If you don't see the significance of that night, then perhaps there is a problem with that and I'd be sorry for that poor poor girl.

• Vanesa
    11 years ago

She wasn't my first nor was I hers.
    No disrespect for those who often feel that sex is something to only be shared with those you trust and shared the most passionate feelings for.

Let me clarify, we aren't a 'thing', nor am I her girlfriend or will ever be. I just thought it would be okay since she's asked for so long. Maybe I was missing something, so I gave it a shot.

Maybe it was like that for her, but not for me. It was just that, sex. A one time thing. I didn't intend on having sex with her. I don't see it as a big deal but I feel like she's all hurt.

I didn't do it to just have sex with her, but it did happen, and I don't share the same feelings. I feel like she's being too clingy. And even so, lets say she is in love after this whole thing, she isn't giving me a chance to even relax and think about weather or not I see me with her.

See I don't see myself with anyone. I don't want to be in a relationship at this point in my life.

• sibyllene
    11 years ago

It sounds like you weren't interested to begin with, then kind of made an error by sleeping with her, which fed her hopes and raised expectations. I think the best thing you can do at this point is be really clear with her. Tell her you made a mistake, and that you are sorry if you led her on. Tell her what you told us - that you don't want to be in a relationship right now.

She might take it hard, but it's better for both of you in the long run to lay everything out on the table and be honest with yourself and her.

• Liquid Grace
    11 years ago

Sibs I agree 100%

Also sorry Vanesa I just realized you are a women and she was a women. I did not read your name in time. So sorry for misunderstanding that. I promise I meant no disrespect.