Relationship Question

• AngelicDecadence
    11 years ago

Which of these is the most romantic, or the closest way to be with someone, in all of your opinions. Writing letters/love letters and sending them the old fashion way, emailing, text messaging, voice-mails/phone calls, or Skype calls if you are unable to be with your significant other in person? Which would you want? Why?

Do you think that there is more than one, if so which one(s)? Do you believe a form of communication should NOT be used often, if so, which one(s)?

• Aveena
    11 years ago

I think the most romantic way would be through skype with cam and such. But that's only my opinion, when my bf was in NYC we use to skype 24/7 so we didn't really miss each other THAT much. It's a different experience maybe it's something you only do with your other, create time for you two alone. Like you + them time. My ex and I we would be on cam all day, but we'd have "avito" time or day, we're all we focus on is each other. Emails are nice, especially when they're unexpected. It's nice opening up a rant or an I miss you email every once in awhile. Surprising your significant other sometimes create a different atmosphere.

I personally don't like phone calls, I don't feel a connection there and I can't see the other person but, it is good depending on the circumstance. Text messages, the same.

• Formidable Muse
    11 years ago

I'm terribly old fashion, I love letters. I believe that is a great way of communication. It can be terribly slow, but it's fun to open your mail box everyday and see if you got a letter from that special person. It also has you thinking about them more often. It's cool to save them for when you grow old, for memories or to show your children (depending on what type of letters) with email and all the technology we have, it just seems impersonal and more distant.

Phone calls are nice too because you can hear their voice without a visual and not seeing them can make the relationship stronger. Skype is nice, but saving that for ossasions makes it special. I use to have a long distance relationship and it was actually fun, I definitely would hav rather had him with me though.

I think texting is a bad idea, it's easy to misread texts. Same with Facebook, that's an easy way to let jealously into the relationship.

• sibyllene
    11 years ago

I love getting letters as well. It's exciting to get something in the mail. Plus, I feel like it would be easier to save letters. You can run across old love notes in your dresser after a decade... but do you really keep your text messages from ten years ago?

That said, I moved to a new state this year and am now six hours away from my fellow. Skype (and a car with great gas mileage) has been great.

• Autuumnbree
    11 years ago

I agree with the comments above. Love letters seems the most thoughtful to me so definitely love letters for me.

• silvershoes
    11 years ago

Love letters are most romantic. They're arcadian and personal.

Skype is the best medium for keeping in touch during long-distance relationships. It's the closest you can get without being close.