Set up a voicechat program for P and Q

• Kevin
    11 years ago

You could use mumble/teamspeak/steam/ventrillo.

Most of these offer free programs for limited users (usually anything under 15 people is free).

What would this accomplish, well for starters you'd all get to hear my sexy accent, but more importantly people who wanted to have a serious debate without the limitations of PM's and the website's moderation could go and really have it out.

I wager most of the big talkers wouldn't last 2 minutes in a real debate where they actually had to say some of the stupid things they type.

• Jordan
    11 years ago

What a sweet idea. Or we could just have Skype conferences.

• Amreen
    11 years ago

If only few great plugins could help to make these functionalities possible.

• Narph
    11 years ago

I'm down for skype. And Kevin's sexy voice.

• Marcy Lewis
    11 years ago

^ditto.

Kevin, this is actually a very good idea. Someone needs to get this to Janis. Or hopefully, he just sees this.

• Darren
    11 years ago

Skype seems the easiest solution.

• Tim
    10 years ago

This is an awesome idea...

If I'm not mistaken, years ago back in like 2006, there was a chat room here... But for some reason they took it down. That was loads of fun for meeting and chatting to people in real time. - I think the site community would benefit with having the chatroom back, and a voice/video calling option too.

If anyone is serious about setting up anything of this nature, please let me know - I will be glad to help in any way I can.

Cheers

• hippiehxc
    10 years ago

The chat room was up for a couple years, and then people started abusing it, so it was promptly taken down. Ever since then, the owner of the site has sort of been MIA and won't hand over the reins. Nobody seems to agree on bringing the chat back, anyway. But I do miss it. It was an easy way to give/receive feedback and more importantly, make friends. If enough people were interested, I'm sure we could all find an off-site chatting program that we could use.

• silvershoes
    10 years ago

I would love to bring back the chat room. It's a controversial subject though, and Janis is MIA so there's no point discussing it yet.

Skype conferences... now we're talking!

• Italian Stallion
    10 years ago

Jane, as you may or may not know, the Chat was on the list of things for the mods (when I was one) and Janis to implement again. I was actually going to do all the programing for it. Safety features, ban list, kick list, mods, profanity filter, etc. However, after much discussion, it was voted down.

• silvershoes
    9 years ago

True, but the squad and site have changed since then. I bet we'd be open to giving the chat room another go!

• Liquid Grace
    9 years ago

This would be neat. Not only for debates but also for Poetry Slams

• Italian Stallion
    9 years ago

Well if you guys want to have a go at the chat room again and Janis comes around. Let me know, I'd be more than happy to help you guys out.