11 years ago

In what situations do you feel anxious?

• La Reina De Corazones
    11 years ago

Take deep breaths i have done that

Queen Ash

• Kevin
    11 years ago

I try to accept the situation, understand my feelings are normal and just bash on. If it won't kill me I try to think ahead to when the situation will be over and I'll most likely be smiling about how silly I was being.

For example, I'm getting a rather large tattoo done on my back in 9 days. I'm excited because I drew it myself, but also worried about how it will turn out and how much it might hurt/infections etc. I know though, I'll love it afterwards.

• Girl of Conviction
    11 years ago

Well my mom passed a few months ago so yeah :/

• Kevin
    11 years ago

Ah, well that is never easy. I lost both my parents a long time ago, but I felt more anger than anxiety. Not sure what to say. It does get easier. Try to write about her, you know keep your memories fresh.

• sibyllene
    11 years ago

If you haven't done it already, it might help to talk to someone like a school counselor. For people who aren't just anxious about a specific thing, but have feelings of anxiety in general, normal methods of getting rid of it might not help.

I have a good friend who deals with chronic anxiety - as does her mother. For people like that, it doesn't always help to try to get them to "calm down." They physically can't. Sometimes you get even more anxious for trying really hard. My friend has been helped tremendously by a low dose of anti-anxiety medication, but each situation is different. Sometimes you just need some help getting over that first hump. In any case, make sure you have people to talk to. It's not wrong of you to feel anxious, so you don't have to hide it. But it definitely can get better.

• Let It Be
    11 years ago

Keep on hopeing when its hopeless.
    Keep on smiling when its sad.
    Keep on believe when its unbelievable.
    Keep on being yourself even when you feel lost.

• Girl of Conviction
    11 years ago

Thank u guys :]

• Poet on the Piano
    11 years ago

Sorry you're going through this....I've never been in this situation but I'll think of you and pray you feel better. You'll get through this, I swear, and your mom will always be remembered. Maybe find a place where you feel comfort, where you can be yourself and not feel lost....and also any friend who is understanding and will be open to letting you talk about or not talk about it. I've had deaths of grandparents and it took forever to realize but it's okay to show your emotions...faking a smile won't do any good if it's all the time. Just take a deep breath and live for each day. Hang in there. :]

• Marcy Lewis
    11 years ago

Oh man. I know anxiety. It sucks. Especially the physical symptoms, and you feel trapped in your skin. I have really bad anxiety, so here's what I do in an anxiety attack. Sounds weird.

1. Put your hair up off of your shoulders.
    2. Strip down to a camisole and shorts or comfortable pants, or pantsless.
    3. Sit with your knees up and whisper scream.
    4. I hit my hands off of blankets or pillows. It's like a really quiet tantrum, basically. Huge release.

It seriously is the only thing that literally chills me out completely.

• H. Elizabeth
    11 years ago

I have the physical symptoms. When i would first get it, i really wouldn't know what it was. I mistaked it for asthma because i do struggle with that, but the doctor told me it wasn't asthma.
    When i'm at worst, i kind of just collapse and stare off, wide eyed, for a long time and when i realize what's going on the hyperventilating starts. I twitch and jerk, and it's just....ugh. It's scary.
    Linda! That was good adviceee c:
    I'm definitely going to try that next time.

Question -- I had a dream the other night that i was having an anxiety attack. When I woke up the next morning my chest was tight, and i was completely exhausted and i felt really drained. Just down/sad alllll day. So I talked to this adult I trust, and he said that it was totally possible to have anxiety attacks in your sleep.
    So. Now to the question part.
    Anybody else ever had anxiety attacks in their sleep?

• Marcy Lewis
    11 years ago

YES YES. Those are frightmares. I get those. Hence, why I sleep 3 hours a night. It helps if you drink OJ. It sounds weird, but vitamin C is good for keeping anxiety at bay. And try to stay away from caffeine and sugar. Whatever makes you jittery, causes a panic attack.

• TSI25
    11 years ago

Watch "Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)" by Bhaz Luhrman.

you can find it on youtube, its got a lot of great advice.

• H. Elizabeth
    11 years ago

I quit soda for New Years resolution... But I drink lots of coffee :/