Dec 21

• Natasha
    11 years ago

I know I shouldn't bring this up here, but what do you guys think about the Mayans prediction..? It says that the world will end in 21st Dec 2012, on 11:11 GMT, which is precisely on 22nd Dec, 15:11 GMT +8 (my time)..

It's not like I'm scared of anything. But like they said, if Mayans prediction were true, they might still exist here. And also their prediction date falls on after their calendar. It's weird. But I just wanna know what do you guys think regarding this matter.. Anyone?

• TSI25
    11 years ago

Firstly lets note that the mayan calender doesnt say december 21st, 2012, it ends on a winter solstice that happens to coincide with that day. secondly the mayans believed in a much more cyclical version of life than we do (if memory serves correctly.) they were more of the belief that this would be the end of this cycle and the beginning of the next cycle.

lastly, just because the calender ends doesnt mean they thought the world was going to end. and even if they did think that, it would mean that they knew or thought they knew something that modern scientists know nothing about which i find unlikely.

• Exostosis
    11 years ago

Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then, just as your calendar begins again on January 1 , another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.

• Natasha
    11 years ago

Ahh finally~ all other people i confronted on was too narrow-minded.. It's hard to continue my discussion with them, and so i post it here.. Thanks for the answers, guys!! It was lovely ^^

• Selfrejected
    11 years ago

The world is going to end! OH GOD OH GOD! Atone? I must ATONE!

• Michael D Nalley
    11 years ago

I was inspired to write a poem that is in special events I know there is a time for everything under the sun I believe I will be surprised as anyone if something happens at that exact time but I must admit I have always been interested in any prophesy

• Natasha
    11 years ago

Will the poem be done any minute? i must say i wanna read it.. tell me when you're done, ^^

• Michael D Nalley
    11 years ago

The poem is posted in my latest poems post

http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/special/poems.php?id=1211742

The New Millennium

• Kevin
    11 years ago

There are still Mayans living in Peru and they don't give a flying spagetti monster about the 21st.

• Natasha
    11 years ago

Thanks, Michael.. I'll read it and let you know what I think!

Omg Kevin. Is that true??

• Michael D Nalley
    11 years ago

Thanks for the sweet comment

2012: The Polar Shift Explained

Eastern Indonesia and the islands of the Banda Sea are no strangers to moderate-to-large earthquakes - the region within 250 km of the December 10 event has hosted over 50 earthquakes of M6 or larger over the past 40 years. Six of those events have been greater than M7
    In my opinion any shift in the poles even a fraction of a degree would cause bad vibs in the relatively light gyro-force a very large sphere would experience You should only be concerned with what you probably already have experienced

• Natasha
    11 years ago

Your welcome.

I see.. Well I wanna try to write some poem which I never write before.. Other than those emotional stuff, like special events, perhaps? Ha! So I'm still looking for some resource, read all those sites, and maybe I'll be ready to write it, maybe in January.. ^^

• ArtistrySoul
    11 years ago

It was my Bday on the 21st . . . . i'm still alive and so is everyone else I guess my wish came true, everyone's welcome lol

Nah, I hate when people come up with such diabolical news and most out there believe it (no offence its not directly specified to you) as it is scientifically impossible such event would proceed.

• TSI25
    11 years ago

Well... theres a great number of scientifically feasible things that would kill everyone, the odds of them happening are just pretty small.