If you were ever bullied.

• Kevin
    11 years ago

Wow.

http://www.upworthy.com/bullies-called-him-pork-chop-he-took-that-pain-with-him-and-then-cooked-it-into?g=3

• Poet on the Piano
    10 years ago

Browsing through older threads and saw this.
    Kevin, I thought this was a story or something but when the video came up and started, I knew I'd listened to this before! I was searching on Youtube for slam poetry a couple of months ago and came across Shane Koyczan's video of performing this exact poem live..... also listened to a bit of his other work. Incredible message, it gives you the shivers.

Anyway, thanks for posting & I hope people pass this on.

• Redangelwings
    10 years ago

I understand about bullying as I was and have been bullied most of my life. Its a terrible thing as I have ptsd about it at times. :( so sad.

• Colm
    10 years ago

I was browsing anti-bullying videos and remember seeing this one. Its done excellently. Bullying is horrible.

• Redangelwings
    10 years ago

I agree Colm it really is. It's sad how much it affects people actually. In the lgbt world kids are bullied for being different which is very very upsetting and sad. :(.

• H. Elizabeth
    10 years ago

I suggest watching the spoken poem "To This Day" by Shane Koyczan. Incredible stuff.

• Beautiful Soul
    10 years ago

I think if we have experienced being bullied then its easier to write about it because we know what it's like. That's the same in any situation.

• Thomas
    10 years ago

I personally passed through depression of my own. I could describe one time period as mentally induced, and the others as psychologically induced. I was a social outcast during public school, by teachers and by most of the students, as an "idiot", a "retard", one who "can't understand jokes" or one who appears incapable to study; this is when my mental depression caused me to abstain from studies of many types, reducing myself to my own little world of video games and stupid remarks; I was unconcious of what the world is, because no one bothered to awnser my one simple question that spread like a sapling growing into a great oak tree: "Why?".
    My psychologically induced depression had appeared in both public school and high school; my heart was broken, twice; Once, for surpressing my heart's desire to love a person, and the other for being denied a personal relationship of such a magnitude. Both times, I suffered deeply. But the last time, I found solstice through meditation and self-earned conciousness, and now, I had taught myself to stand up, despite the hardships and 'blades' thrown at me, and hold, like Atlas bearing the weight of the planet Uranus on his shoulders. Some of my poems may describe parts of these, as connections to my own, hidden self. Don't take me wrong, I have friends, but they are few, in comparison to the amount of enemies I have made without touch, sound or eyesight.