P&Q Rehaul

• TSI25
    10 years ago

Really this is more a question for the admins and mods, have you guys considered rehauling the P&Q website? with the idea to try and add more features or improve on the design, or even just tweak the aesthetic a little bit? i only ask cause its been a long time since the site changed noticeably.

im pretty good with HTML5 and CSS, and ive got some Jquery under my belt so id be more than glad to help if thats what the issue is. i could even write up some design sketches ad see what you guys thought. send me a message if youre interesting in seeing websites ive worked on before, but id be willing to work for free as a pet project.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    for everyone else, im wondering from a design perspective, what do you love about how P&Q is laid out? what do you hate? do you have a hard time navigating or finding stuff? are there any features youd like to see implemented? stuff like chat, or a notification system that let you know when you got a message or a comment in real time?

• xXxMidnight SoulxXx
    10 years ago

Actually what you suggested sounds great! but hmmm let me get my complaint list ready :P but honestly what i love about PQ is that it's there although i'm not too keen on the color sceme since i'm normally not into the really bright colors but that's just me as for what i would like to be made better it would be nice to know WHEN they put a comment to the EXACT min/sec if posible also what i would love would be if all could know their names on top of the screen name i mean that would help to know the person right??? oh and one more thing i HATE that my picture always goes back to the one 2 or more before and i'm like ummm that's not my pic and i have to refresh

• Colm
    10 years ago

Thanks TS, a re-branding/re-organising has been on the wish list for a while. Unfortunately its something we need Janis (the admin) for to make coding changes like that to the site, and as we know Janis doesn't always grace us with his presence. We appreciate the offer and when Janis comes back for a visit its something that could be looked into!

It'd be great to get more up to speed with app-like technology such notifications in real time etc for PnQ.

• TSI25
    10 years ago

It would be cool to have some kind of friends list that you could IM, sorta like on facebook or gmail, but ive heard those are a total pain to implement.

• xXxMidnight SoulxXx
    10 years ago

Lol probably but it would be a good thing and in FB well althought it's a good site now everyone is making a bigger deal and while i like that it's more annoying more than anything i have some friends from PQ in there but that's the only thing i use the blasted thing for

• Tim
    10 years ago

I'm not sure how much this idea is going to spring into action any time soon. But I'd just like to add that I've been web designing for the past 5 years for professional companies, and I'm fluent in html, css, java, php...etc. and I know my way around MySQL databases. - If this does kick something off, feel free to message me, and I will be glad to give a helping hand.

Cheers,

Tim