Go away

• Jeanne
    10 years ago

Does this feeling ever go away? one day everything is so perfect and you rejoice in life, than over something so stupid everything comes down crumbling. Is it why we are here for? to give our all to a man, who isnt even appreciative of the effort you make? is that what love is? a one way street where the girl is always the victim? does this feeling ever go away....one day you wish you never met him, you wish you never started anything then overnight he comes with a sorry and here we go back to square one....knowing few days from now he will do the same and never change. is that what love is?

• Britt
    10 years ago

No... that's not what love is.

Anyone who ever makes you a legitimate victim is never worth your time. I wasted so many years as a teenager and young adult trying to find my self worth in the arms of men who used and abused me. I finally took some time on my own, learned who I was and what I stood for. I decided to set my standards high, and find someone who had high standards as well. I found that man and I can tell you, what you listed above is NOT love.

The act of apologizing isn't just words.. it needs to be followed up with action.

• Jeanne
    10 years ago

:( i know you are so right, but i dont know how to get away from this vicious circle, especially when ive been the one who did the hurt in the begining :(. He accepted to forgive me, then we try and everything is fine but he will bring things from 2007 and years when we were not even dating, its soooo tiring, i just wish i had the strenght to get away. and move on!!! move onnnn

• Britt
    10 years ago

It's obvious that there is a lot of disrespect, lack of trust and good communication in the relationship... those are three HUGE factors in having a successful relationship.

If you have changed from the past that he keeps bringing up, especially from SIX years ago, and he can't move on.. it's time you should. If you have honestly changed and righted your wrongs, you shouldn't be brought through the mud every time he gets cranky. It's unfair to you, and it shows a lot about his maturity level and respect.

I was involved in something similar, and very abusive. I finally got the courage to leave one day and never looked back. I am SO thankful to myself that I did that. It was the best decision I've ever made... and I made it too late (but better than never!). I had to come to the conclusion on my own that I am worth more and deserve better. Once you get to that point mentally, you'll be able to make more changes.

• Jeanne
    10 years ago

Everything you say makes so much sense. And I really hope i get to that point soon enough. You seem happy and I cant wait for the day I feel like that everyday too.
    Thank you so much for your help :D you ROCKKK!! hehehe

• Britt
    10 years ago

It took a lot of pain and self-discovery in order to get to where I am today.. but the most important thing was realizing that I'm worth the happiness. I didn't think I ever was, because who I was with led me to believe I could never be happy with anyone else (or even alone).

The person you are with is never responsible for your happiness, you are responsible for your own, but if all they bring you is hurt/anger/unhappiness... you really have to reevaluate why you have them in your life. This goes to all kinds of relationships, not just intimate/romantic ones.

You'll get to a happy place some day. :) Sometimes you just have to fight for it. Learn to be your own biggest advocate, and you can move mountains!

• Jeanne
    10 years ago

Reading your post really make me feel better.
    Thank you