What are the awards and how do i get them?

• Kota the Unheard
    10 years ago

Ive been on here for about 2 years and havent once got a award. I dont care for them I just need them to build my own club. I never really understood the point of having awards. Especially if you need them to do things because I thought this website was for the love of poetry to learn your mistakes an better yourself off of what you read an what your responces are from your poetry. But I just need some of the awards to do thing like creat my own club, be a assistent, ext. So if you can help Id be soo thankful.

• Britt
    10 years ago

Here is a list of the awards, what they mean... and the criteria for getting them:

F award - How many people have you on their favourites list.

Pink - 5-19
    Blue - 20-49
    Gold - 50-99
    Platinum - 100+

C award: Critique award: How many praised comments you have.

Pink C - 50+ comments
    Blue C - 3-9 praised comments
    Gold C - 9-29 praised comments
    Platinum C - 30+ praised comments

(Note: You need 10 praised comments to gain nominator status, i.e. to get the ability to nominate poems for the weekly contest on the front page.)

P award: Number of poems posted on your account

Pink P - 30-99 poems
    Blue P - 100-199 poems
    Gold P - 200-399 poems
    Platinum P - 400+ poems

D award: Discussion award (number of posts made in forums)

Pink D - 50-199 posts
    Blue D - 200-499 posts
    Gold D - 500-999 posts
    Platinum D - 1000+ posts

• Kota the Unheard
    10 years ago

Thank you sooo much. That really helped me out

• BlueJay
    10 years ago

They are easier to get when you work a little bit towards one then just let it be then work some more. That or make yourself small goals before moving on to award-winning ones

• Tim
    10 years ago

I was wondering the same thing, until I was linked to this page. So thank you so much for all the information! :)

I'm thinking that the important thing is to just had fun with everything. It can be really fun talking with people on the discussions board. and with every post, you're one step closer to getting your next award for example. Or giving good feeback on other's work is good for you because you learn to analyse all different kind of pieces. And if you give good feedback you will get praised comments. :) It's all fun at the end of the day.