How....

• dindee
    10 years ago

Hi can i ask??

how will you know if the rhyming of the words in the poem was forced?

thank you..

• Sincuna
    10 years ago

When the rhyming line does not fit the idea of the poem, and gets off topic. Often this happens because the writer is more focused on finding the rhyming word rather than be consistently on topic.

So the rhyme may disrupt the flow and imagery of the poem to sacrifice for sound that may not help.

sample:

the old lady would often share
    the stories of her youth
    underneath the maple tree
    she starts to tell the truth

^ above 4th line has no substance and connection with the rest of the lines. We are gently brought in the sentimentality of the old lady, her possible life story and emotions. We need not bring up whether the story she tells is true or not, it is irrelevant.

best way to avoid is to think of the rhyme ahead, by knowing where the author plans to go with the poem... Not the best example but you might get the idea:

the old lady would often share
    the stories of her youth
    like the maple tree beside her,
    she has begun to show her roots.

• dindee
    10 years ago

Opo kuya....salamat..hehe...

Thank you,,,,=)

• dindee
    10 years ago

Anyway...sir...can you check my poems??bout my rhyming...and if you do..any PM corrections will do..i think i'll have to take down notes of it as tips...thank you ulit...

• dindee
    10 years ago

Eyh sinc....i got the idea after reading and reading all over again what have you posted...l0l...

thats when metaphors get into the poem...

lol...its just new for me...so.....i'll better analyze the poem first...analyzing things as always.....

ok...thank you got it...i really wrote it down... =)