How to start writing poetry again

• Tanya
    10 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I have been writing poetry for 8 years now but I've taken a break from it and I was wondering if you had some ideas of how to write good poetry again without writing bad ones. Inspiration tips will also be appreciated.

I want to share my voice to the world again without posting my old poetry :)

I hope you can help me and have a nice day

Much Love,
    Tanya x

• Vermilion
    10 years ago

In my personal opinion, the best way to start writing again is to find something to inspire you. Finding something that gives you the urge to write is key. For me personally, and I know that many poets on this specific site share this, my main inspiration is my depression. However, most poets have their own inspiration, so it's not that easy to think of ideas to tell you. I suggest thinking about what used to inspire you in your old poetry and draw on that to write new.

• Love Fallacy
    10 years ago

I think the best way will be to reflect on your old work and start writing that type of poetry again. Once you get back in the groove, you can start to switch it up if you need to.

• Angel
    10 years ago

Find a muse. start off writing just stanzas and youll get back into it in no time