I miss my mum

• Rose
    10 years ago

I live with my mum and step dad and a sister who is three years older than me.
    me and my mum used to be very close before she got married to mu step dad it was like we were best friends.she was always their for me.but now it's like am all alone me and her are just drifting away from each other we hardly talk and if we do we end up fighting.most of the time i feel like me and my step dad are fighting for my mothers attention.i always have a feeling that he hates me and that he is just using my mum.my mum only listens to him and does what he wants.he is younger than my mum and he worked for my mum before they got married.i feel he is the reason i dont have my mum any more.most of the time i feel angry and alone recently i have been drinking too much and i just cant think straight all i wanna do is just cry.i miss my mum.

• Britt
    10 years ago

Acting out for attention isn't a good idea (drinking too much) and is only going to get you the wrong kind of attention you're needing. If anything I feel sometimes it pushes the relationship even further away... and it's just not good for YOU. :)

Have you sat down and talked to her about it? I don't know how old you are but there are some times where teenagers and parents just clash, and then things get better. But with a new husband in the mix, I see that may not be the case. I would ask her if you can have a mom/daughter day/date and go do something just the two of you, and try to reconnect.

Does your sister feel the same?

• Rose
    10 years ago

I study in another country but my mum comes alot to visit but she is ALWAYS with my step dad i dont even remember the last time i had my mum all to myself and right now my step dad made my mum send me to the country side to go live with my grandparents.i just turned 19.
    my sister has her own life and she moved out last year.she doesn't like our step dad too she hardly comes to visit.