Hello! Salut! Szevasz!

• Thomas
    10 years ago

Greetings. You can call me Thomas, I hail from Romania, in the Transylvanian region. As you could probably tell from my profile, or the topic's title, I am of Hungarian descent, living in Romania; the simple fact that I know a third language probably gives me a polyglot status, which isn't oftenly met amongst those my age here (most learn a third or fourth language as they reach ages 20-21; I know English quite well enough since I was around 15).
    But let's not turn this into a history lesson with controversions and heated discussion! I am eighteen years old, soon to turn nineteen due April. I had alreddy posted all that I had written since October.
    I preffer writing fantasy-related, philosophical or personal-experience-related poetry. I know very few styllistic types that could be used to write poetry, mostly due to my troubled, mind-boggling past as a child, which had led to my lack of attention during classes that required far too much to begin with (Hell, most of my former classmates admitted cheating... -alot-). But regardless of that, I'm willing to learn and hone my poetically-influenced skills, despite me preffering it to stay as a hobby.
    I usually write based off inspiration, but that doesn't mean I can't force myself into writing logically-influenced, well-thought verses. The main influence that led me to writing poetry was depression, quite ironically during my Romanian and Hungarian classes when we were studying Symbolism. My depression was emotionally focused, as I had a broken, tired heart, and a shakened, angry, unfocused mind. I sought to mend myself using meditation, and it appearantly worked quite well (though, I didn't, and don't get enough time or proper space for myself to do so.).
    I had met many friends online, out of which a good amount I still hold contact with on either Skype, or Facebook - all of them I had met through roleplaying encounters, through the fantasy-world known as World of Warcraft, or simply Warcraft, or other roleplayable universes. We all share our own experiences through the many characters we had created from scratch, customised and played through, and the best part of it is that we had all learned alot, from eachother and from the simple need to explore new things.
    In common-day society, I would be considered a "nerd", while my outlook and behaviour strikes the lines of "geek", despite the controversy of the two words and their debated meanings, I share traits from both stereotypes, though I preffer not being labelled like an animal about to get tied down, ready for the carving blade to start cutting. The simple fact that I am different had struck many thoughts and sights of disconsiderisation, ignorance, jealousy and hate, as I have solidified a position of sorts that they couldn't break me from, despite their thoughts of being able to "sway" me away from my renegade path.
    My musical prefferences have almost no bounds, though I do not preffer songs that have a terrible lyrical or sound-based interferrence; This means I listen to almost anything from the classical, harmonical genres to the electronically generated, from the clinging metal sung from guitars, to the passion-and-burn, rhyme-influenced rap songs.

I guess this wraps my introduction up ^_^